Pages

17 June 2011

Micah 5 Months {Watch Me Grow}

To my precious boy, you are five months old. I love you so much. Here is what you are up to this month, or at least what I remember with all the craziness of our move going on.


Milestones:
*You are sitting up more and more now.

Does this make anyone else laugh?

My mom couldn't stand him with the pink elephant so she bought him a blue one so he could have a bromance, his name is Eugene. :)
*You experienced your first move and got your own room!

*You are really starting to scoot around and surprisingly travel pretty far in such a short time.

*You are a roly poly.
*You can spot mommy from across the room now. No hiding from you anymore. HA!
Language skills:
*You are starting to give belly laughs.
*Your talking has decreased a lot this month. More important things to learn I suppose.


Eating:
*Thanks to my mom's help this past week we have been working on getting you to go 3.5-4 hours between feeds. She helps walk you and gives you a small juice bottle to tide you over until the next full nursing session.

Daddy was in charge and since you seemed to only be happy on your changing table he did what works and put the mat on the floor. HA!

*You are actually finally starting to take a bottle, thanks to the whole juice thing. My motto {especially with baby #2} is do.what.works. We bait {with the juice} and switch you {swap for breast milk} with the bottle and you will take at least 2 oz. Better than nothing and makes me feel more comfortable about leaving you in others care.


*Spit-up wise you are still touch and go. Some days good some days bad. We think that stretching out your feedings is helping, but only time will tell. I am finally ready to start you on cereal now that we are moved and can focus on adding that to the routine.

Sleeping:
*You are sleeping slightly better. You have around 3.5-4 hour stretches. I know for a 5 month old this should be so.much.better. but it isn't. Again now that we are moved and you are in your own room I am going to work towards longer stretches. Read: cry it out/self soothe.

You got the boot to the pack n play right before we moved, you loved the extra space to roll all around. And of course you are all snuggled up with Eugene.

*You do take at least one sometimes two good naps a day (1-1.5 hours), coupled with a cat nap or two.


Favorite Toy(s)/Books:
*Books: whatever you sister reads to you.
*Toys: still the play gym, exersaucer and your elephant buddy Eugene.

The Elmo obsession starts young. Already watching Elmo with sissy.

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
*You just make the funniest faces at us. You really have quite the personality.


*You stick your tongue out at us all the time.
*You still have a thing for blondes. Seriously, I am not blonde, so where did this obsession come from?
*I love how you are interacting more and more with us. You just think your sissy hangs the moon, it is so sweet.


Temperament:
*You are starting to get happier and happier. You have your moments, but don't we all. I am ready for my happy boy back it has been a long 20 weeks.

But sometimes we can still be Mr. Dramatic.

Stats: {clearly I have tiny babies}
Wt: 13# 2z (June 6)
Ht:
Head cir:
Diapers: We have bumped up to 1-2 swaddlers.
Clothes: 3-6 months depending on brands.
*You are going in for weight checks every other week to watch your weight. So far so good.


Happy Five Months Micah Bear!
We all love you very much!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is I. LOVE. HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is so super cute!! Love that redish tinted hair in the right light and I love that cute smiley face and I love that Lo and MW have a relationship!!!
    Man I miss you guys!!!!!
    Mom will need to get us a blue elephant b/c all I have is a pink Hippo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little guy won't take a bottle, which makes leaving him with a sitter (or even Daddy) a total no-go! I so have to try this bait-with-juice trick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...