Pages

08 January 2014

Christmas Pt 2 and First Movie

Christmas continued a few days later when my sister's family got in. We haven't seen them since this summer and even then we weren't all together. This was a great visit and it was so fun to see the cousins play together. There is something about family that just makes friendship sweeter. I suppose it is because you know family isn't going anywhere even when  you may be in rocky times. My kids don't have cousins on Chad's side. They have lots of friends they play with, but watching them with their cousins is entirely different. Anyone relate? {no pun intended :)}

So here is the recap of our Christmas.

First though, I wanted to share these Christmas Morning pics. I am really trying to learn manual. This is why photogs charge so much, because this isn't an easy skill. I want the tree to glow, but my subjects were squirmy and made the shots blurry. :/ So much to learn still. {So grandma Rachel these may not print the best. :) }

I just love daddy and the kids. I love now that the kids are older seeing how their mannerisms reflect Chad's and sometimes mine. :)

This family is my world.



Back to Christmas with the cousins.
Both my kids love babies. I mean LOVE. Makes me a tad sad now that we won't have another baby to watch them with. Thank goodness for baby Gannon. They were so excited to see him again. He is so freakin' cute and those blue eyes. My kids never had eyes like that.




First things first family pics.
Sisters. We are clowns.

My parents should be proud. 

Grandkids. Hollis was a bit sad. 
One thing I am good at is capturing each kid for who they are. :) Pretty much sums them up.

Jensen clan.

Us. 




Gift time!

Kind of a weird picture, but the kids just saw Despicable Me and loved it. Auntie Meg got them 1 and 2 and both kids immediately saw it and shouted "PICK-able-ME!!!" I just love how they say it.
Oh my little mommy in training. She didn't ask for hardly a thing this Christmas. But when she laid eyes on this baby doll kit---it was all she wanted, well that and the bike. :)
Remember in the last post "33 put your pants on." Yep, this is what we are talking about. Poor boy his pants hardly ever stay up. He needs a belt.

Texting on her "iPhone."
Daddy wasn't left out of the spoils. This year we decided to swap names and spend more money on 1 person vs small gifts for everyone. Daddy got a small tv for the upstairs. Yay! No more vintage 1980s VHS tv. Although, that was a good tv.
I had Kreg. He got money for his bow and arrow. BUT the boys are always teasing my mom that her ham dinner is too salty and they need gatorade...so naturally I gave him some gatorade with his money.
Then we had a SNOW BALL fight! Auntie Misa is so good about getting down on the floor and playing.




Praying before Christmas lunch. PRECIOUS!!






Well I guess that sums up our Christmas. It was a lot of playing and catching up.

 We went over every night to play and one afternoon we took the girls to their very first theater movie!! Frozen!! Seriously the.best. Disney movie yet!
I can't tell you how special it was that the girls got to do this milestone together with my mom and sister Meg. 

They were so cute. They ate popcorn non-stop. Landrey kept saying things loudly. Like "which princess am I?!" "Meg, look a moose. You love those!" She was so funny. They both were so good and fun to watch. And they were quiet nearly the whole time. 

 They were so excited!!!




This was the girls the whole time. 

Can't wait to see it again!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...