Pages

05 January 2014

Christmas Recap {Pt 1}

Christmas Eve.
Izzy started the morning off right with Birthday cookies for Jesus. No better way to kick off the Christmas festivities than with a sugar filled breakfast.

To kick off these Christmas memories is Lo receiving her yearly ornament. This ornament is from 1993. We happen  to be at my friend's house the week before where Lo spent the entire time admiring her two heart shape locket ornaments. When she got home she just went on and on and on about that ornament and why on Earth do we not have one...long story short I searched and researched and found that Hallmark ornament. I couldn't wait for it to arrive to surprise her. I think this picture sums it up. 

Before bed Izzy left his final progress report and good-bye letter. Saying good-bye is always so hard.


 Then we wrote our letters to Santa and
got our cookies and carrots out for the jolly ole elf and his 'deer.
 After our Santa letters we all wrote out our gifts to baby Jesus and
 laid them in the manger.


Christmas eve photos. 

Christmas Morning.
Baby Jesus arrived and we sang Happy Birthday. I love that the kids were thrilled to do this and had no interest in seeing what Santa brought. 
 The moment of truth. MW got a tool bench. He wanted a choo-choo, but we already had several of those so...well, Santa had to make the tough choice. Good call Santa, good call.
 Leighton got her new bike. The one with the basket AND doll carrier. YAY!!
 Izzy decided to help Santa out and set up one of MW's trains he already had as to "ease" the choo choo disappointment. Win.
 Up next gifts. We don't give our kids a lot for many reasons. But all they really wanted was these light up, star pillows.  Again, Lo's face says it all. She is THRILLED.

 No she didn't get a wedding veil. I made her a canopy like she asked me too, although, she seems to not quite get the gift. I made MW a fort kit which evidently I don't have photos of...bummer. He also didn't get it but later when we set it up he loved it.

 Then there was my gift. An iPod touch. Chad gets me every year. I cried. Most of you wouldn't care about this, but I don't have an iPhone nor will we be getting one anytime soon, so for me this is the next best thing. I love it and him for doing this for me!
 After presents we loaded up and headed to Grandma Rachel's for Christmas day.
MW got a basketball goal and apparently really needed a belt! Geez. :/
 Lo and her razor scooter. Poor Lo {first world problems} only got out door toys and couldn't quite try them out right away.

 This makes us laugh because all the Carter clothes has the #33 on them. MW is never wearing pants, like ever. So whenever we leave the house daddy says "33 put your pants on!" So when he got a #33 KSU jersey Lo shouts "hey, 33 put your shirt on!" That girl and her comedic timing. Priceless.
 MW made out like a bandit in the tool department. He now has more tools than daddy. ;)
 I was spoiled this Christmas and got all the things I wanted. Like a sewing machine. Can I sew...nope. But I am dying to learn. So here goes nothing!!

 A few days post Christmas.
FINALLY getting to test drive her new bike!! She can ride so much better on a bike that fits her AND she loves! that baby JuJu can come along for the ride. She is one happy little girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...