Pages

03 January 2014

The Story of Us {10 Years}

Today at about this time {130p} Chad and I said our "I dos" 10 years ago.
TEN YEARS.
Wow.



Honestly, I can't believe we have been together that long. As Chad says "time flies when you are having fun."
I wanted to write something profound, meaningful, and sweet about our marriage. But I just can't get it right. We have been through 10 years of ups and downs. "In good times and in bad--sickness and in health--richer and poorer." And here we are. There were times when I wasn't sure we would make it and times when I know we will grow old together. Marriage, it isn't a walk in the park. It is a choice. A choice we choose daily to love one another and to support each other and ultimately put up with one another's quirks. Of course, mine are slightly less annoying. ;)

Do you ever wonder why my blog is called The Story of Us?
Because I love that movie. And because the greatest scene is when they pick their kids up from camp.



This sums it up to me. We have a history together. A life, a story. We made two beautiful kids together. There were no people there before and there were people. Amazing. We can read each other and sense one another; that's a dance that takes time to learn and perfect. We may drive each other nuts with some of our quirks, but at the end of the day we compliment each other. His strengths for my weaknesses. We are a team.

That is why this is the Story of Us. There is no one else I want to write this story with--just you.



I love you Chad and I love our family.
Here's to the next 10 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...