Pages

07 February 2011

Recipe

A few of you asked for my "nursing" brownie recipe. I have to be honest, I have never made them. Not once. My awesome mommy makes them for me every time. Moms are the best. Anyway, I asked her for the recipe, one for you all and two, I am thinking I may hook Lo on them as her birthday "cake." HA!

Chocolate Mint Brownies:

2 boxes of brownie mix. (My mom subs in lite applesauce instead of oil)
Bake as instructed.
Cool completely.

Icing:
2.5 C of powdered sugar
1/2 C + 1Tbsp of Butter
2.5tsp of Creme de Menthe Liqueor

Cream together and spread over cooled brownies.

Chocolate Glaze:
1C chocolate chips
6Tbsp of butter

Melt the glaze ingredients in a microwave until melted. Approx. 1 minute
Let cool slightly and spread of Mint Icing layer.

Chill.
And viola. The best brownies ever. And just pretend there are no calories involved, they taste better that way! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Those sound delicious I can't wait til I can have dairy again and this will definitely be made and consumed quickly :) btw I tagged you on my blog days ago long week of teething and sickies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...