Pages

10 May 2014

Mother's Day

5 years and 3 months ago I became a mother.



A mother. A world forever changed.



I think about how I love my kids with the fiercest kind of love.

Being a mom is the hardest, most fantastic, challenging, rewarding, over-whelming, powerful thing I have ever done.

I think about my mom and all she has done for us.
Protecting me from some ginormous {I am just sure} toddler eating bug when I was 4ish.
Staying up late to talk.
Taking long walks on the river to McDonalds for an ice-cream.
Being the "fall guy" when I didn't have the courage to say "no" to my friends.
Being my biggest cheerleader in life.
Listening to me shout at her how she "screwed up" as a mom and still loving me anyway.
Sacrificing her desires to fulfill ours.
Loving my kids with the fiercest kind of love.
And teaching me how to be mom.



As mom we get to see and experience the highs and lows of life in such an intense and beautiful way. I feel beyond bless to be a mom to two beautiful, crazy kids. They make me a better person.

And thank-you to my wonderful mother in law for loving me as the daughter she never had and always being there for me and my kids whenever we call.



Happy Mother's Day.
It's our day off so take a load off and enjoy.

{my favorite mother's day picture}












3 comments:

  1. Great post Chele! Happy Mother's Day!
    Love, Rachel <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweet!! You are one great momma!! Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.... I just saw this, it brought tear to my eye! I loved being a mother to the most awesome daughters in the whole wide world. I have been blessed! Love you :D Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...