Pages

12 April 2016

Little Buddy's First Soccer Game

Well ladies and gents, MW finally gets to play a sport.
Lo has been doing gymnastics for 6 years {she's 7}. 
Poor Mw hasn't really done much. 
1. Because my gymnastic class is so full I can't have him in there and focus on the other kids...he is a bit of a momma's boy.
2. We were doing it wrong. We ASKED HIM what he wanted to do and he kept saying a sport that was in the previous season or in the next. Parents DO NOT ask your kids their opinions. Why? Because the have them! HA! And let's be honest he is 5 he doesn't have a clue what is truly good for him, what each sport does and what could be fun. 
{Sorry for the bunny trail but I had a parent last night tell me how she needed to ask her 4 yo how she felt about doing certain gymnastic classes. People I never wanted to smack my own head  more. Lady NO!!! This little girl wouldn't know what was good for her if it smacked her in the face--BE A PARENT-- I digress}.

Anyway I signed him up and said let's go have some soccer fun! 
He was pretty excited to try on all his new soccer gear. What a stud.

 Finally the first day came. It was so windy and cold. This is why mommy likes indoor sports. HA!
Look how excited he is---mostly to get gatorade.

 He is on a young team, and is one of the oldest ones, but since none of us knows a thing about soccer other than don't touch the ball with your hands--it was a good starting point.
 They practice for 20 minutes and then play a "game." for 20 minutes.
These kids are hilarious. They just keep kicking the ball until they hit a fence. Who needs these stinkin' lines anyway?
 He made a goal! So excited.




 Again parent participation is highly encouraged/required...would probably be more accurate.
Look at us go!


 Gatorade break! Really I think this is the only reason he likes soccer. The gatorade. It's a special treat around these parts.



 All hands in...1 2 3 Flying Tigers!!!
That's a wrap on his first game. Hope he has fun and learns the values of handwork and teamwork.

1 comment:

  1. oh my stars!! I cannot handle the cuteness and HIM, just him!! I am beaming as I read this and look at these pics!! I love his facial expressions!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...