Pages

10 May 2010

In My Daughter's Eyes

On Mother's Day Sunday our special music was "In My Daughter's Eyes." Pretty sure I cried through the entire thing, along with my mom! (who am I kidding, I am crying now just writing this). Having a daughter has changed my world and I am so blessed God choose her for us, and she was definitely worth the wait. This song sums up everything I feel about being a mommy.


In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes


And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about


It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

~as sung by Martina McBride

1 comment:

  1. love that song!! I am so BLESSED to be a mommy with you. Think about all the things we get to go thru together.Enrolling them in kindergarten, their first big slumber party, and Staying up late talking on the phone watching the clock on Friday nights praying our babies come home safely from their dates. I am so excited to have you as my best friend to go thru all this mommy stuff together!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...