Pages

27 May 2010

Eight Squared

Kelley my newest found bloggy friend tagged me in this fun game. I have seen it a few times, but have never done it. So here we go.

Here are the rules:
1. Go to your photo files and select the 8th photo folder.
2. Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3. Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4. Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same.

Now, I have a TON of photo folders and folders within folders...it is ridiculously organized. :) So I chose the 8th photo out of the 1st folder in the 8th folder (that probably makes no sense and no one cares...)
ANYWAY.

As you can tell we are in the hospital getting ready to have Leighton! My L&D was a whirlwind, but long all at the same time. When I finally decided to go in after calling my mom in tears (mostly because I was sure I wasn't in labor and they would send me home...I didn't want to be that girl.) I got stuck in perinatal for 2.5 hours!

Perinatal is the pre-admission room where they monitor you. If you are under 39 weeks, which I was 38w2d, and not at a 4, which I was at a 3, then you get to sit here for an hour and see if you progress...if you make it to a 4 you are now in "active" labor and you may now be admitted to the hospital and have a baby. These are CRAP rules I tell ya. I WAS in active labor. My contractions were HARD and coming every 30 seconds with maybe 1 minute rest between. But the textbooks say the magic number 4 equates "active" labor, so God forbid we use our common sense and help a girl out! Can you tell this still elicits quite an emotional response. :) They only kept me this long because I was laboring so hard and pretty sure they had nothing better to do as it was a Sunday evening. :) Plus, whether they were aware or not, I was NOT leaving with out my baby! Forget your dumb "rules."

Back to the picture. Finally after 2.5 hours I went to a 5, got admitted and put in my L&D room, got my epi (praise the Lord, because my body was tired!), and called the family. In this picture the epi is kicking in. :) The doctor is explaining that I was at a 7 (yeah, I went from a 5 to a 7 in 20 minutes) and that he would be back to check me in a bit after the epi takes full effect. Chad's face looks so nervous in this picture, but he did amazing! He was a great coach and partner through the entire thing. I think we just couldn't believe we were about to be parents, it all happened so quickly it was a lot to take it in. We are about to be responsible for another human life! WOW!

To finish the story, after another 20-30 minutes I was at a 10 and ready to push. One hour later at 11:27pm Leighton Olivia was born on February 15, 2009. It all just went so fast, once they finally admitted me!

Kelley was hoping to see a newborn picture of Leighton, so I am throwing in the keepsake poster my MIL made. We are those weird parents who didn't do a professional newborn shoot. We just took around 200+ pictures on our camera. These are from the hospital photographer.

Now to tag 8 people to participate! And even if you aren't tagged join in it it is fun! :)


1 comment:

  1. love it! so fun that even though the picture chosen was not a newborn one it was pretty close... considering you were about to have Leighton :) hoping the hospital doesn't do the same to me or else they will have one cranky lady on their hands!
    thanks for putting the cute newborn shots on too! She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...