Pages

01 June 2010

My New Gig

I am now "gainfully" employed as opposed to my current job as a SAHM where the benefits far out weigh the paycheck!

I love love LOVE being a SAHM, it is something that I never knew I always wanted to do. When Chad and I talked about having a family it was always understood that I would go back to work after having Leighton. However, as she grew inside of me and we bonded, I just could not picture leaving her with anyone else. This is not to say that being a working momma you are any less torn or not as "good" of mommy. On the contrary, it is just one of a thousand choices parents make in raising their children, neither bad nor good, just what works for each family. However, I did not see how I was going to get to stay home and Chad really wanted me to work (or so I assumed).


God in is infinite ways provided a way for me to stay home and I haven't looked back...much. I am a hard working driven girl. I don't know what to do with myself if I am not out "doing" something. This has been quite an adjustment for me to stay home as I felt like I wasn't contributing, you know other than raising our daughter. :)

I have been in prayer that God would provide me the best of both worlds. I am an RD (registered dietitian) by trade and was looking into consulting work or starting up my own counseling/consulting business. A year ago I applied to a large consulting firm, but the position had been filled. She said she would keep my resume on file in case something else came open. (They all say that, but you know they never call). Fast forward one year and I receive an email from this company asking if I would like a consulting position!! Um, yes please!


I am so excited. This job is perfect for me, for us, for our family. I have only ever wanted to be in consulting/out-patient care. It is SUPER duper part-time, more like 1/4 time (if that exists). I will be consulting on 4 facilities in my area each quarter. Allowing me to work a grand total of ~60 hours/year. While it isn't much, it is enough to make me feel like I am contributing to our family and keeping my credentials up. I also am hopeful since this is such a large nationwide consulting firm that over time I can increase my facilities and time, making for the perfect working mommy gig for me.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds GREAT. I am so happy you found something that allows you to do a little outside the home, but mostly still be mommy. Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I just wrote a long comment and forgot to hit post. Pregnancy brain ha! Anyway congrats on the job! Sounds perfect!! So excited to read more about it as you start doing some work and how you are adjusting to our few hours away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...