Pages

08 June 2010

Miscellany Monday on Tuesday

So I have this friend who participates in Miscellany Monday at another girl's blog...looks like fun, but I never have that many random things to talk about come Monday. This week however, I am feeling all over the place and want to blog about so much...so I will just put it all here in one random misecellany post!

1. My garden is growing. However, did you know that you have to get your plants "pregnant" for them to produce fruit! ::waiting for my bro in law to stop laughing...:: I told you I am a gardening dummy. I just thought you planted stuff, watered it and a few months later produce would be filling my belly. Makes the whole birds and the bees saying much more applicable now. However, I just kept waiting for my zucchini plants to give me zucchinis, finally I did some 'research' and I needed to do a bee's job and pollinate. So every few days I go out there with my cotton swab and pollinate and now:
I have 1 teeny tiny zuc growing! I am so proud! Now if my other plants would take off I would be happy!

2. I also hate my garden because of this guy:
We have had THREE toads come and take up residence. Each time one would show up I MADE my hubby take them to the lake/pond across the street from our home, and then a week later another one would show up. And NO, it isn't the same toad, I know. I have a fear of toads, I don't like how they hop. So now I have no desire to go near my garden. Chad said he would take over...can't be any worse than me!

3. Tucker our 'oldest' drives me bananas. I can not sit outside and enjoy this ungodly heat without him whining incessantly for me to throw this:
Over and over and over and over again. I think he would chase after this Frisbee until he died.

4. Then after a long hard day of sleeping and doing nothing they are ready for bed. I have no idea why I am tired each day, since there is so much room up here for everyone!
What is funny about these two is Tuck (on the right/Chad's side) is exactly like me and he like Chad best and Toby (on the left/my side) is exactly like Chad and likes me best...things that make you go hmmm.

5. Hurricane season has begun. And while I live in the mid-west we are still afflicted daily by a hurricane. Hurricane Leighton to be exact, she is a category 5 on her best day and leaves a wake of destruction where ever she goes...
Why do I even bother picking up after her?! I would actually rate this a category 3, b/c this looks good compared to most days, but then again it was only 9am!

6. We finally go our "baby" pool aired up and filled. It is 10'x6' so nice size. Lo took her first swim of the season today and after face planting a few times started to enjoy it. I am looking forward to doing this everyday! I heart swimming!!!

Well, that wraps up my miscellany Monday on Tuesday. May you too have a completely random week!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about "hurricane" season. In our house it's always hurricane season. I feel the same about why pick it up when 2 minutes later it just gets right back that way. I guess they feel like they can't play unless EVERY toy is out on the floor! Good job on the garden!! I'm impressed. I hate reptiles too. We have lizard type creatures here and i hate getting the lawn mower out of the shed because I never know who I am going to run into! EKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate toads as well. My older brothers and sisters used to tease me with them telling me that the warts that I had were caused by handling toads and I had not handled any of them. Didn't like the garden, the flower beds, the cellar, etc.

    Cleta

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok you really make me laugh, I mean just die laughing!! I get your humor and can just hear you saying it!!! I love tucker, I will take him!! (until he dies...that made me die laughing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...