Pages

10 June 2010

Zoo Trip in (mostly) Pictures

On Tuesday we braved the heat and the humidity (and thunderstorm/tornado watches and warnings for that matter) and headed to the zoo.
We are losing our minds being stuck at home all the time. So any activity is a welcomed activity, especially when said activity is free.


Normal Chad feels the need to take a zillion pictures of each animal we come across, but today he held it together only took a million each. HA! (which I shall spare you most of them).

Did you know what noise a Penguin makes?
It sounds like a donkey braying...seriously, who knew?!


This is one of the lion cubs and he kept pawing the glass to get that bag!

Overall, it was a blast watching Lo run around this time. Of course, she was amazed at all the ducks, geese, and birds because she never gets to see those. HA!



Lo was terrified of the gorilla. I mean screaming panic terrified.
That mean monkey punched at her through the glass and was quite
pleased with his bad self that he scared a little girl...mean monkey!
My favorite creature on the planet. They are just beautiful.

Grandma and Lo
(I fully expect this picture to be printed off w/in seconds it is viewed and promptly put on the fridge :) ).
Best part of the trip, Lo came home and went straight to bed and slept 'til 8am! (That is sleeping in people).

5 comments:

  1. Aww looks like you guys had a good time. I haven't been to the Sedgwick County Zoo in forever and can't wait to take Katelyn when we come back this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the picture of Lo and me! Thanks for all your blogs! I so enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that picture of LO on the stump!!! I think the girls are looking so much alike!! I miss you guys!! Sad we cannot do these things together :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gorilla story is HILARIOUS! And giraffes ARE awesome, the Springfield Zoo had a feeding deck, it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avery has that same outfit and I LOVE it! The polka-dot skirt is my favorite. :) SO cute! I can't wait to take Avery to the zoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...