Pages

15 June 2010

16 Months

Sweet sister this is what you are up to at 16 months.

Milestones:
* You know all your facial features + hands and feet.
* You got your upper 1 year molars (w/o mommy knowing b/c I am that awesome), your 2 bottom lateral incisors, and we are still working on our bottom 1 year molars. That brings our teeth total to 10/12. All we need are our canines and we are set.
* You are no longer sucking your thumb.
* You are learning that we must sit on our bottoms on the couch, we don't want to have any more spills.
"sitting on the couch is no fun..."

Language Skills:
I have been having a middle panic attack about Lo's lack of language skills. All the other babies near her age (i.e. younger ::ahem Landrey, Avery :) ::) say tons of things.
I know, I know to each their own and don't compare, but don't lie we all do it. We want our babies to be doing the same things as other babies their age. I keep waiting each month for a language explosion. Finally, I decided to write down all the words I know she says and was pleasantly relieved to learn she does say more than just a few words.

*dada *mama *go go *ha! (hot) *duck *moo (for what does a cow say?) *hi *bye *mmmm=good
*ba BAH (Big Bird) *Da (dog) *Bah (boys) *bubus (bubbles) *ba (ball)

You are mimicking more which is a good sign and on top of all that you still signs all the basic signs...so overall communication is good.


Eating:
* Morning cheerios MUST have milk on them now.
* Mommy has finally let go and is allowing you to use a spoon to feed yourself. You are doing ok at it, but most of the time it is much quicker and more fun to just use our fingers.
* You don't like grilled meats. I don't get it, you will eat any kind of meat as long as daddy didn't grill it...I am sure this is not a reflection of daddy's grilling skills. :)
*Favorite snack is raisins.


Sleeping:
*Ah sleeping, my favorite subject. You have an internal alarm clock now...it is set for 6:45 AM!
*Naps are crazy you use to take 2 good naps and now it is like you are trying to transition to 1 nap, I AM NOT ready for that yet! We still can't figure you out, currently we still "make" you take 2 naps because I really feel like you need it...
*Bedtime is still 630/730 pm, just depends on how you napped.


Favorite toy(s)/book(s):

*You love love LOVE Elmo's world. That little monster is addicting to toddlers. When ever you hear the "lalalala...Elmo's world" song come on you stop everything you are doing to race in and watch.
* You got a baby doll stroller and love to push that thing everywhere.

We learned that we can fit in here and demand to be pushed...

*Favorite books are: Blues Clue, Where is Baby's Birthday Cake (mostly because these two have flaps), and The Big Hungry Bear and the Red, Ripe Strawberry.

This is our response to seeing Grandpa Billy being crazy.
He always gets such a big laugh and smile out of her.

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
* You are so thoughtful you are constantly "helping" the boys (aka Tucker) get their "lost" toys. I could care less if they stay "lost" all day, but your tender little heart won't let up until their precious toy is restored to them. Tucker really should appreciate you more than he does!
* You love stroller rides, every time you see your stroller you insist on a stroll around the block.
* You are a real pistol now changing your diaper. I honestly dread every diaper change now, I hate fighting you and listening to you throw a tantrum over a fresh diap!
* You love doing somersaults over and over again. I think you will be a little gymnast like mommy!
*As of late you have reverted back to crawling around like a baby. I don't get it. But you sure think it is funny.
*You have created a little reading corner in your playroom and love to go sit there and read or "text" on your cell phone, you know whatever. It is your special place.

Our friend Brody brought over this cool water table...it was so fun
mommy and daddy had to go get you one of your own.

Temperament:

You have such a sweet spirit and demeanor. You have an infectious personality that everyone flocks to. You light up the entire world with your smile and laughter. You heart is sensitive and tender. You are full of life and energy. You strive to be compliant, you don't like to disappoint. Rarely are you ever in trouble. I love watching you grow and you make us laugh all the time. I feel blessed to call you mine. I love you sweet girl!

STATS:
*I have no idea how much you weigh I am guessing around 17ish # (as of May 17th you were 17#2oz)
*Ht: still 27 inches (you have been that way since about 11/12 months)--you seem to get stuck at a height for several months and then grow 1-2 inches. Weird.
*You still wear a size 2 diaper.
*You are in 6-9-12 month clothes, just depends on the brand.

Well, it was an eventful month for our family and I am thankful it is behind us, thanks for joining me for another "watch me grow" update.

2 comments:

  1. I love little Leighton!! She's soooo cute! Don't you worry, she's a smarty!!! I bet in a few years when I'm getting notes sent home from school saying my daughter won't stop talking when the teacher's talking that you'll get to point and laugh my way - ha ha. :)
    Where did you get that water table?? It looks AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so much hair!!! and she does somersaults!! Wow wee!!! I am impressed!

    So cute how the girls are so different but yet so similar and have similar personalities!! cannot wait to get my hands on her!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...