Pages

04 June 2010

What God is teaching me...

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus after you have suffered awhile perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you.
1 Peter 5:10

This verse was laid on my heart this morning. Actually, it has been on my heart for awhile. I always feel uncomfortable unqualified to talk about such things, but God prompted me to share so I am.

I am a natural worrier by nature. While I don't really want to know the future, I want to know the future.
Trusting in God's plan for my life has been a common theme in my daily devotional lately: Do I really trust God to orchestrate my life or am I still trying to make things bend to my will?

Sadly, more often than not it is the later.
However, God calls us to be thankful in all situations. Man that is tough, but I am really trying. I know God loves me and has my best interest in mind. Sort of the same way Lo doesn't always understand I have her best interest in mind when I tell her "no."

What I love about that verse is God is using my "suffering" (aka infertility) to perfect, establish, strengthen and settle me! He is strengthening my character and faith in Him. That is awesome, that God is choosing me for this journey.
While we don't know if Lo Lo will ever get the chance to be a big sister, I know that I am confident that the Lord has great plans for our family, I am settled in that and for that I am truly thankful for that peace.

And being settled in that peace allows God to:

Now glory be to God who by His MIGHTY power at work within you is able to do far more than you would ever DARE to ask or even DREAM of. Infinitely beyond your highest prayers, desires, thoughts or HOPES.
Ephesians 3:20-21

Now that verse excites me!

Editor's Note: I don't want people to think I am "perfect" in this journey or that I have it together by any stretch of the imagination. My struggle is definitely made easier by having my Lo Lo sister and supportive hubby. There are plenty of days I don't cling to these verses and get down right upset that this is the journey we are faced with in the future. But ultimately I know what I believe and WHO to cling to.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing what you're learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! and what a great verse to meditate on. God is good and He is working.
    BTW I tried a few of your suggestions this weekend... none have seemed to help :( but the doc did strip my membrane (sorry if thats tmi) this morning sooo hopefully that will help and we will see lil man this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...