Pages

02 December 2010

The After Thanksgiving Post



Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am just now getting around to posting about it.
I spent the entire week of Thanksgiving working my consulting job {minus the actual turkey day}. I was so thankful that my little sis, Meg babysat her niece for two days until her daddy went on break. While I hated working when every one else was off, it was nice not to have to stress about daycare, and put my daughter in loving family hands!

Here we are on Thanksgiving day. Something magical happens on this day: We ALWAYS get a good family picture, by setting the camera timer! Crazy, but it only takes 2 shots to get it right!! Sad, but true.

2009
We then headed to my FIL side of the family for Thanksgiving. They are always such a hoot to me. My parents dined with my sister in Iowa.

Lo passed out on the way there. Poor girl it was nap time.

I didn't do a good job of capturing the meal :(, but here is my "tomboy" daughter taking down her boy cousin. And this particular cousin is TOUGH. Seriously, he and his brother is what scares me off having two boys! But once again having a girl is no guarantee I won't deal with this rough and tumble play!!! ::heavy sigh::


The only GIRLS!
Friday after I got off work we had dinner at Gobi Grill with my MIL for Thanksgiving. Which I loved, considering I don't like Thanksgiving food. Blah.

All in all it was another fun year, having kids honestly makes the holidays bearable and way more fun!!

This is what the rest of the week{end} looked like.

Lo and I started the week off by decorating for Christmas ::gasp:: before Thanksgiving. My husband thought I was nuts.

Here is just some of her involvement in the process...surprisingly she was very helpful and fun!

Putting up her little tree.
I wanted it all pink, but now that we have a boy in the mix I am going to have to throw in some blue next year.

Look at that sas!

Playing with her nativity scene. She loves baby "Gigi" {Jesus}.

When daddy got home we put up mommy's nativity scene while reading the story.
This is a tradition from my childhood that I am happy to continue on.
Time to decorate the tree! She was again surprisingly helpful! And it doesn't hurt that I don't pull a "Monica" {from Friends} and insisted upon a "perfectly" decorated tree. ;)


Modeling the Christmas tree skirt.
The kids will be sharing a room, so we spent the weekend figuring that out and painting...that really is a whole post to itself. Let's just say Chad had so much fun painting on Saturday, he decided to do it all again on Sunday. ;)

"Oh, no what are you doing to my room!"

My BIG girl bed!!


Saturday Lo and I went to my cousin's little boy's 2nd Birthday! She was such a party girl. :)
Exhibit B: On being a "tomboy."

The great-grandchildren with their Great Grandparents.
{sadly two/three if you count baby q/were missing}
Also, I think Lo and Chase (in the middle) look uncannily alike for second cousins they even sort of talk the same. I just find it odd. Clearly they get their genes from their great-grandparents. :) So good stock. :)

Well that sums up our long crazy week! Hope everyone's was just as fun. It was sad not spending it with my sister and her family, but such is life at this time for us. :(

1 comment:

  1. OK Lo is so adorable!! I was hanging on each pic!! She is just such a doll!! And that Sass pic was to die for--just like her auntie mis:0
    I love her rough and tumble play that is hilarious and she is so gentle with dri?!?

    Also you are looking so preggo now! I think bigger than with lo at this time, right? Cute though! I mean that!!

    Well I love you lots and miss ALL of you guys! Cannot wait for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...