Pages

13 December 2010

Christmas Tour

Here is a tour of my Christmas decor this year. Pretty much the same as last year, so a bit of a recycled post.
I am usually fairly bah humbug about Christmas, but after having Lo she has changed all of that. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning everyday. I love seeing the joy on her face everyday when we turn on the tree or do the advent calendar. It is just plain magical.

Anyway, on to the tour:

These are my Christmas Angels that my Grandmother and Grandfather made me. I just love and cherish them so much!

I heart snowmen...in case you couldn't tell. :)
(please excuse the junk in the back...forgot to move for the pic :( ).

The miniature Christmas trees are from my Jan winter wonderland wedding.
(Nearly 7 years ago!!! WHOA!)
We found these trees for $1.99 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby that year and just went to town flocking and spraying glitter all over them. They are one of my favorite things!

These are our stockings that my mom knitted. Somewhere along the line a relative knitted one for each new child with their name and birth year. My mom has picked up the tradition to ensure all her family and grandbabies have one. And yes, even our dogs have stockings (only they are store bought :) ).

And now the tree.
This picture does NOT do our tree justice. I think our tree is so beautiful lit up at night! It just sparkles. We use ~6-700 mini lights and then ~100 big bulb lights as garland.

I then add these glitter tree sticks (again from my wedding, nearly 7 years ago!!!!) to make it look like frost has landed on my tree.

Last year I found my cousin's beaded snowflakes from her Jan winter wonderland wedding and added them and man does it make the tree sparkle even more. I heart sparkle and glitter. :)

I love the icy look. Plus, as an added bonus the tree decor matches the rest of the upstairs in color and theme...not that I planned that or anything ;)

Now Lo felt like the Tree needed a little something extra this year. ;)
Now I know this may be stupid to some, but I L-O-V-E my tree skirt!
I never want to buy myself anything, but fell in love with this skirt. I thought it was way too much money at the time, but my husband insisted I get it (and not wait for the after Christmas sale) and every year I get it out I so thankful to him for getting it for me, just something little I cherish.
And of course the model is pretty dang cute too! :)

My special ornaments.
Yes, my dogs each have a "Puppy's First Christmas" Ornament.

Lo's First Christmas Ornament.

I bought this long before I thought of babies. Now that we have Lo each Christmas Eve we write a letter to Santa and leave it in this pouch and then Santa always leaves a letter back to open on Christmas morning...sort of a spin off a Christmas tradition from my childhood.

Have I told you Chad and I will be married 7 years in Jan? ;)
Our Wedding Ornament, in no less than snowmen.


Finally the entire reason for the season.
The Nativity scene.
Our is the Willow Tree collection. You will find Willow Tree people all over my house. I love how they capture moments so beautifully.

I can't wait to get more ideas and see how everyone else decorates! It is such a fun season.
Merry Christmas!

Now go check out other homes with The Nester, and Kelly's Korner.

10 comments:

  1. How fun! Love all your decor. The manger scene is great! And how cute is your little girl?! (: Adorable.

    Stopping by from The Nester(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Willow Tree nativity! So pretty. We have that same tree skirt--what are the odds--and I love it too! Hope to see you at MOPS tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! The poinsettias are hanging on by a thread. I am terrible with all plants, so killing poinsettias is not too far out of the box for me. I do feel less guilty with them, though, because they are a temporary decoration anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same snowman ornament from our wedding too!!! I doubt they say the same thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Michelle, how pretty it all is! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner. Your Christmas decor is so pretty. The photo of your little girl and the tree skirt is precious. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I agree, pictures NEVER do trees justice. I love babies first ornament. Our daughter has one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decor and your mini 'tree' is just the cutest :) Happy Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Holidays!
    Your Christmas decor is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your girlie with that tree skirt on is just too cute! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...