Pages

21 December 2010

Christmas Traditions

What would the holidays be without a little tradition or two. I have so many fond memories growing up doing all sorts of things. Now I am trying to implement some holiday fun and traditions in our family now that Lo is a bit older and can participate more.

Decorating the Tree and then laying under the lights.

While I did this as a kid, Lo actually started this one for her and I. She even did it last year at 10 months...something about the lights just fascinate her us.
Reading the Nativity Story as we put up our Nativity. This was a tradition from my childhood.

Making a special holiday craft.
And of course what Christmas tradition would be complete with out making sugar cookies?!
I really enjoy having a little elf (remember her name Olivia mean elf army!) around to help me with all these things. Sure it takes a bunch of extra time, but I love having her by my side participating it makes it more fun for both of us!

I do want to start getting a yearly ornament to represent our year, lots of people do that and I just think it is so neat...guess we better get on it eh?

We also go to our Church's Christmas Eve Service and then come home and get ready for Santa to come!

However, I am sure as she gets older there are plenty more traditions we will be incorporating, but for now this will do.

What are your traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...