Pages

11 February 2011

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I am not ashamed to admit I am a Gleek. {For those of you living under a rock, that simply means I heart the TV show Glee, BIG TIME!} I have every CD they release and then some.

Now to the point.

When I was pregnant with Micah, I would find myself terribly overwhelmed with everything that was going on. From his possible medical problems to all my pre-term labor and worrying that he would be NICU bound. One day as I was driving to one of my consulting sites "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" came on my Glee soundtrack. {One of the things I love most about Glee is how they remix well known songs, and to be honest I almost always prefer the Glee version from then on out.}


Click the video to hear what I am talking about.



I remember just breaking down and crying when it came on, I was 35 weeks pregnant and just so ready to finally meet my son and know he was ok. It was the first time in my entire pregnancy that I thought it was ALL going to be ok. So this song is Micah and I 's song. I have one for each of my babies {Lo's is All American Girl, by Carrie Underwood}.

Not really sure why I am sharing this today, maybe because Chad put the soundtrack back in my car and it came on. Or because I just feel really blessed that my son is healthy and perfect and here. I love him more than I could imagine.

He is the little boy I never knew I always wanted.


5 comments:

  1. Chele,

    Nice blog. Great remix of the old Beatles song. You are a great writer! Cute picture of Micah! Smiling and showing his eyes! Enjoy holding his hand!

    Love Rachel <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chele, that was such a sweet post about your son!! Loved the words you said he is the son you never knew you always wanted!! I just needed to hear that b/c I was just downstairs organizing the basement and got to Landrey's one million baby tubs of clothes and got super sad no one would wear all her clothes and shoes and reuse her hair bows and tights:( You are such a great best friend and sister and always know how to encourage me even when you don't know I need it!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah is absolutely adorable and it sounds like you guys are doing amazing as a new family of four! Keep the updates coming- I love reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! Congrats on your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the way you stated that, "the little boy I never knew I always wanted." That's precious and so is he.

    I've never seen Glee but my 31 year old daughter loves it just as you do. I guess I really should watch it, as I do love that type of music.

    A happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...