Pages

20 February 2011

It's My Party

Leighton's birthday was Tues the 15th. She turned two. So we had to have two parties. :)
Not really, but daddy had PT Conferences on her actual birthday so we celebrated on V-Day instead with just the four of us.

I made her favorite dinner, pasta :) and saved back one of my "nursing" brownies as dessert. Yummy!

Then we surprised her with her gift: an art easel. She loved it. This kid loves to be artsy and hasn't stopped playing with it yet.




A friend gave her a Minnie Cookie for her birthday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the MINNIE MOUSE PARTY!

The invite.


First off this tool is a god send. I am no cake boss and just wanted nice looking cupcakes for once. So I found this at Walmart (I know right, I had to go for her party supplies :/ ) for $12. Best $12 ever spent. It was so easy to use and comes with several different tips and made my cupcakes look more "professional" decorated.

The Minnie Mouse Cupcakes.
The Decor.

Everyone was proud of me for going for cutesy over "grown-up." This was hard for me, but I just didn't have the energy this year to go all out.


The video.
Lo was so excited to see her "baby video" this year. She has been watching her first year video 100x a day for weeks now. I kid you not!

The Eats.

Time for Presents.


This is a Dora book, which she only knows because of her potty seat and "bye bye panties." So when she saw it she started yelling "Potty! Potty!" And trying to show everyone her pull-up. Too funny!
She got so many great things from everyone! Lots of puzzles, books, art supplies and clothes. This made mommy very happy. Toys are a necessary evil, but I am tired of big toys for sure.

All the cousins love to help each other open their gifts. You know in case the birthday kid forgot how. ;)

Cake Time.
Like a goof ball I forgot to put TWO candles on her cupcake. Silly mommy. Let's just blame the new (again) mommy brain.

Happy Happy Happy {as Lo sings to herself}



Micah's Birth Day and Lo's 2nd Birthday Gift from Grandma Rachel and Tom.

Instead of getting a double stroller, we opted for a wagon. You can just slip the car seat on one side and Lo on the other an viola a "double stroller." We have already put it to good use and it works fabulous!

Birthday Shot.
Loading up her loot in her wagon.

Going "fishin." This puzzle is so cool. It is Melissa and Doug {and which of their toys isn't cool?}. It is a magnetic puzzle. She loves it.
She also loved her Minnie clothes so much she had to put them right on. HA!
And FYI Papa, I promised her you WILL take her fishing this summer. ;)

some of the Loot.
I also really like that lace up puzzle she got, yet another Melissa and Doug toy. :) Lots of great toys from the family that will help her with all her areas of development which makes this mommy who isn't so good at nurturing those areas very happy!


Happy 2nd Birthday Lo Lo girl!


4 comments:

  1. Cute minnie party!! You did a great job on the cupcakes!! So cool looking:) Wish we could have been there:( For Landrey's party it is sad cuz no one will come:( Just the three of us! Well keep up more pics of MW I need to see all the changes he is making!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute party! My two grands absolutely love Micky Mouse.

    I'm sure impressed with your cupcakes. They looked delicious!

    What a lovely family you have. Blessings for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go mom!! I'm wondering how we'll do B's bday party since his 2nd bday falls a few days prior to baby's due date.

    hey, can you take a picture sometime of the carseat in the wagon?? we too have been thinking about doing the wagon instead of a double stroller (verdict is still out) but I didn't realize you could slip the carseat in there?? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...