Pages

31 July 2011

Kindness

Kindness is one of the fruits of the spirit.
Kindness is a trait of the Proverbs 31 woman. {Prov. 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.}
Kindness is not really an action as it is a disposition, a favor and grace we give to everyone we come in contact with.


Recently it has been placed on my heart that my family could be kinder to one another. That it is one of my duties as a mother to instill Godly principles into my children's heart now, not in 2-3-5-10 years from now, but NOW! And what better place to start than with kindness.


This past month I have been working with Leighton {and incidentally myself} on kindness. She's two. What do you expect from a me focused toddler. She is very rude and hurtful to me and others and it really bothers me that she displays this behavior. But on the flip side she can be the sweetest, most tender-hearted little girl. This I want to nurture and develop.

So before nap and bedtime we began memorizing Ephesians 4:32. "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another just as God in Christ has forgiven you." I am amazed that by month's end she knows most of it. And I have seen a real improvement in her behavior towards others. We have both been working on being kind to everyone. At the end of the day I ask her to name one kind thing she did and then I name a bunch more. She really enjoys this time and even reminds us that we need to say "mimmi erse" {memory verse} if I forget.


Up this month: Patience!
I am pretty proud of myself for taking the time to teach her something, because those of you who know me know I am not the teaching kind. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...