Pages

21 July 2011

Settling In

Where is the summer going? I feel like it just slipped between my fingers without us realizing it. So much has been going on that I want to blog about just for the sake of cataloging our lives, but I just haven't had the energy to do so.

One. We are slowly but surely getting settled into our new home. I am one of those people that work non-stop to get everything in order, however, that proves very difficult with two kids needing my attention, especially one in particular. So here we are a month later and while all the boxes are unpacked not all the rooms are finished. This is driving me nuts.

Two. The only room finished is Lo's room, I will post pics when I find a minute to take them, after I find 1o minutes to clean her room. Seriously, she makes a disaster out of every room she enters. It's remarkable really. Anyway, we finally got it painted and now it feels like home.

Painting Lo's room back to pink!

Three. I am exhausted today since MW doesn't think sleeping through the night is as much fun as having mommy son time through out the night. Oh, and Lo has up and decided in the last 2 days that 545/6a is a fantastic time to start your day. So while my wonderful hubby let me sleep in until 8a, I have been going non-stop since.

Four. I finally got around to making MW some food to eat. Sad it took me so long. He is 6 months and just now getting to eat something other than oatmeal applesauce. Bless his heart. I did break down and use free coupons on some Happy Baby pouches to feed him in a pinch or to take with us when we go out to eat. They seem to taste way better than those jarred kinds. So I don't feel so bad feeding it to him.


Five. We have been spending a lot more time at the splash park since it we are in a heat wave here. Man it is hot. Lo wants to spend all day every day outside. Evidently, little kids have no thermostat. HA!


Six. Back to the move. We love it here. We have fabulous neighbors. Two families next door with kids Lo's age. We have already spent a few evenings playing in the sprinklers or riding bikes with them. I am just beyond thrilled how God worked this out. You never really know what kind of neighbors you will end up with and it isn't something you can plan for, it just happens. I am just glad we seemed to hit the jackpot. Plus, it is so fun to me to be at Target, or Dillons and run into people I know. That never happened in D-town. Anyways, I am just so glad to be here, not a day goes by that I am not thanking God for working in these details.

Lo seeing her new friend "cole" outside and begging to go even though it was bedtime, what was a mommy to do...I mean it is summer.
She got to go play!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right on the little ones not having a thermostat! Katelyn would be outside all day long if I'd let her too and it's hot hot hot here too! Crazy kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...