Pages

06 April 2012

Easter {Egg}static

Last night we dyed some eggs in traditional Easter fun fashion. This was our very first year to do it. {Yes, Lo is 3 but I just didn't trust her want the mess before now. You know sometimes it sucks not being the first born, but other days, like today it pays to be the second born; {ie getting to dye eggs at 14m as opposed to waiting until age 3!}

The kids both did really good. Micah thought you were just suppose to dip the eggs and then suck them. HA! Lo liked to keep sticking her hands in the dye, because blue hands are more fun than regular hands.



When did he grow up?!!?!?!
Opps! Sort of why I was resistant, but I happen to be in a forgiving and laughing mood. I thought it was funny that Lo would wipe it up and then wring her rag back out on the counter...so MW ended up with an Easter bum bum! HA!

The finished product!

And for sentimental sake. Taken one year ago. He is always my love bear. He is the only baby I have that loves to just snuggle me.

PS per facebook you may have heard about Lo and I's little "fight." Well that was the clip she chose for me.  {See below for the dialogue}
Lo: mommy put your hair in a pony.
M: no, I don't want to {in my best Lo voice}
Lo: YES! I can't see your beautiful face.
Me: ah, that is nice baby, but I can't see your beautiful face either, so you put your hair up first.
Lo: No, I don't want to.
Me: then me either. so there.
Lo: YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Fine I wear a clip.
Me: ok I will wear a clip too.
Ah love these mother daughter "Fights" :)
Up tonight we are getting an early jump on our Resurrection Cookies {click on the link to see the recipe} as we are busy with family the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I love MW's hair!! This is the first year we are not dying eggs and I am bummed. With all our chaos with the move I thought it was more important to make time for doing other traditions.
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man!! You should of called I would of came over to help! Looks like fun though! :D See you tomo for some Easter fun! Love ya all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...