Pages

27 May 2012

Week 3

Maybe it is more like week 156 since that is just around 3 years of having a kid.
I gave birth to this beautiful, precious, angel of a baby girl. Baby girl, did you hear me Leighton?! You are a girl, not a boy. But ever since you turned mobile the hits {literally} keep coming. Now we have thrown a boy into a mix and not just any boy, but a "if it should be climbed, I will climb it and then jump off it" kind of boy.
I knew I should have gotten that PA-C {physician assistant} or at the very least RN, good thing I have a bit of medical background with my RD; because boy do I need it around here.

So perhaps I just never noticed how many scraps, boo boos, loss of blood and broken bones we had until these last 3 weeks when I have at least one child hurt and requiring a Dora band aide nearly every.single.day. or worse a cast.

Micah broke his arm on May 9th.



Then the next week Leighton dropped a brick on her leg and ripped it open nicely {no stitches thank goodness, but our dreams of being a leg model may be dashed. ;) }


You know every time the UPS truck comes by I hold my breath hoping my Mother of the Year Award will be here...

Now here we are this weekend with a little boy I am 80% sure has hand, foot and mouth disease...but at least he is cast free. {silver lining}

I can't be for certain because he is just now starting to run a low grade temp and act all sleepy, snuggly, lovey bear. And he isn't acting at all cranky, which for my son is completely unheard of even on a good day. He doesn't even scratch or pick at the little pimply things all over his legs and hands...so who knows. Everyone I have asked says the doc doesn't do anything anyway, so I would just rather wait it out until Tuesday and take him to our beloved PCP.

I wonder if MW will be "paid off" by the time he is 18...he really knows how to rake in the medical bills. :)

So here's hoping for one boo-boo free week?! Yeah, I didn't think so either.

2 comments:

  1. Your situations are so not funny, but you are:) You have me laughing!! I hear you about the medical bills, it is coming to the point either they eat or we go to the doc--ha ha!!

    p.s My dress is all ready and fitted for the mom of the year banquet, when do we leave??

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor kiddos! but yes, on HFM, skip the doc. Whitney had it twice, Ellie once already. Give him ibuprofen/tylenol combo the worst will pass within 2-3 days.

    ADORABLE summer pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...