Pages

15 August 2012

Leighton 3.5 {Watch Me Grow Video Style}

Now that Leighton is older I like for her to tell you about herself at this age, plus she is way cuter and funnier than me. {Please ignore my awkwardness in the video, why I will not be chosen as Kelly Ripa's new co-host is lost on me...HA!}


And in case you don't want to watch a 8 minute video I typed up the questions and responses below. Although you will be missing out. :)

What's your name? Leighton Olivia
How old are you going to be? 3 and 2 (no 3.5)
What is your favorite TV show? Monkey Show
What is your favorite movie? Yes, It is Tangled.
What is your favorite song? proceeds to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, then sings Soft Kitty and Pontoon.
What is your favorite food? Lunch. 
What is your favorite thing to eat at lunch? Turkey and Cheese and Mommy
What is your favorite candy? Chocolate Chippies
What is your favorite toy? Curious George toy {really? that is new as of today, I would have guessed baby JuJu} well I do like her.

What is your favorite fun activity to do during the day? JuJu {What does that mean? You like to play baby dolls?} yes.
What is your favorite fruit? Playdoh {Playdoh is not a fruit please name a fruit?} Tomato {Good tomato is a fruit, although most consider it a vegetable, I guess we will take it}
What is your favorite color? Lleow {yellow}
What is your favorite drink? Juice
What is your favorite animal? GIRAFFE!
What do you like to do every night before bed? PLAY WITH COLE!!! 
 
What is your favorite book? How about a bedio game? {Um How about you name a book and then a video game?} Ok Curious George book! {ok so as of today we are back into Curious George}
What is your favorite video game? Bamboo. {You are just making stuff up} Um, that PBS kids game.
Who is your best friend? COLE, Drew, Quinn, Avery
 What do you want to be when you grow up? A Horsey rider or a Camel rider
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. Why? B/c I get toys and books. Anything else? Nothing else. Oh that is sad mommy has work to do. What about Jesus?!
What is your favorite thing to do outside? PLAAAAY! Play what though? Attitude begins and no longer answering questions.
Is it awesome to be 3.5? YES! I cute and I know it!
GOOOD BYE! Home skillet biscuit.

Seriously she is a nut. Half of what she said is barely true, as she likes to say "I change my mind." Which she clearly does a lot. HA! Although, I am pretty sure Horsey rider is definitely one of her top job choices though.
 
Finally a few things about her I don't want to forget.

Where to start, I can't believe how big you are getting and how smart. Even though you refuse to show it. Honey, boys like smart girls, playing dumb isn't going to get you far in life. Please be yourself, everyone loves your fun, spunky personality.
You now know: all your letters by sight, and write your name in upper and lower case {not convinced you can spell it though}, and you can count to 10 in Spanish...thank you Dora. 

  sorry I couldn't rotate the picture. :( pretty proud of her!

Bedtime is around 8pish--really depends on whether you napped or not that day. Lately you have been refusing naps. You do play quietly in your room for 2ish hours while MW naps, but I would prefer you sleep as I can see you still clearly need it based on your lovely attitude you display in the evening. You get up anywhere from 7-730a, and are always dressed and ready to take on the day. Hair included. {oh the drama your hair has brought}.
And we are --> <--this close to being night time potty trained. I still don't get how after being potty trained for 2 years you haven't clicked on bedtime before now, but I will take what I can get. We have had maybe 6 accidents all summer. Not bad.

Speaking of attitudes, wow. I wasn't really a believer in this whole terrible two's {which we never had}, terrible 3's thing, but I don't know you are working on making me a believer these last several weeks. I am hoping now that school is starting we can find our groove again and settle you down a bit.

I love you passion and zest for life. Your imagination is amazing and the stories you are telling are hilarious. I seriously have no idea where you come up with this stuff, but I enjoy talking with you about it. I love listening to you pray at dinner it goes a little something like this:
"Jesus, welcome family {I think she means thank you for my family}, thank you for our food, please let it rain, I love my mommy, daddy, Micah bear and Jesus so very much. Amen."

I love listening to you sing now. You are really picking up on real songs now. {Sorry I don't count all the kiddie songs as "real" only ones you hear on the radio.} You sing "Pontoon" by Little Big Town with the best of them. This was your first "real" radio song to sing. You also sing along with "What a Savior" by Laura Story, "Country Girl" by Luke Bryan,"Cinderella" by SCC and of course all the theme songs to Dora, Deigo and Bernstein Bears. We like to keep it real and listen to all sorts of things around here. :) You love to dance with me when any and all these songs come on.
You just got back into gymnastics and L-O-V-E it. And I love watching you.

You are so good with your brother and you both get along pretty well for the most part. I really enjoy watching you two interact with one another and oh the things you teach each other...

Baby girl I just love you SO much. Once again I am so thankful to be blessed with a daughter. You mean more to me than you will ever know! Keep growing into the beautiful {inside and out} young lady I know you are destined to be. Happy 3.5 my Lo Lo sissy!

3 comments:

  1. LOVED IT!!! She is so precious!! Love these interviews and great idea to video it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok we have just watched it like 25 times--LANDREY LOVED this and was laughing out loud with her:) It was so cute--just miss her to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little Doll... and what a wonderful idea to video these times.. I loved watching it and hearing your voices. I laughed & cried a little too. Thank you for making this available.
    Chele, you remind me of your Aunt Karla.
    Love & hug's to all of you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...