Pages

11 October 2012

In My Next 30 Years...

 I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife {husband}
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
                                                                 In my next thirty years
~~~Tim McGraw

 Funny how a song can ring so true and put all your thoughts in perspective. I think I really heard this song for the first time a few months ago as my 30th birthday was quickly approaching.  I have had a lot of mixed emotions about turning 30. 

On the one hand I am sad because 30 seems old. Not in a "check me into a nursing home" old, it is just when you are little 30 is the age you first deem to be old and not cool.



But then again, being 30 has given me more self esteem and confidence. When you are 20 you care about every.little.thing. people say or think about you, or at least I did. You are constantly trying to please everyone, look a certain way etc etc. Now, I don't care. I am coming into my own. I am firm in my beliefs and don't feel the need to sway with the crowd. I have more respect for my parents and realized how right they were at different times in my life. It's a weird perspective you get as you age and I imagine only more will come as I continue to grow up.

Finally, I have done a lot in my 30 years and I have little desire to go back to 15-18-or even 25. I love my life and proud of what I have accomplished.

1. I met Chad, fell in love and we married at the mere age of 21! Seems like eons ago...please note how young we look! AH!!



2. Graduated college and eventually finished up to become an RD. {Registered Dietitian}

 

3. We moved home and 6 months later bought our FIRST home. I loved that place, I still do. It holds so many great memories there!

 

 4. Brought home two fur babies. One in 2006, Tucker James and the other in 2008, Tobias Sebastian.

Tucker
 
  
Toby

5. After 15 months of infertility I finally was blessed with this beautiful baby girl, Leighton, in 2009! One of the best days of my life was giving her life. 


6. Then 15 months after Lo was born finding myself pregnant again, with the little boy I never knew I always wanted, my Micah Bear!




And here we are much older and wiser and quite possibly happier!

 Easter 2012

Thank you family and friends for all you have done for me these last 30 years. Each of you have shaped me into who I am today, and for that I am thankful. I feel blessed, even if I feel slightly old now. HA! Now on to see what my next 30 years hold...



4 comments:

  1. Oh, Michele, you are a mere child. I just had the BIG 60 this past July, that's twice the age of 30. Talk about old! :o) But, I do know where you are coming from, 30 really is the first "old age." But, no age ever phased me until this last one and it suddenly dawned on me that I am definitely on the "down hill slide." I just pray that I can make whatever is left of my life really count and not waste a day. Blessings abundant to you my dear, may your next 30 be even better than the last 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful young lady has become a Beautiful YOUNG Woman !!
    Happy Birthday !
    Love You, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful young lady has become a Beautiful YOUNG Woman !!
    Happy Birthday !
    Love You, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! :) Love this post by the way, so special!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...