Pages

01 October 2012

Weekend Rewind {Need Decorating Advice Too!}

I really like this post topic. A quick way to recap the little things.

This weekend was awesome. Long. But totally awesome.

Friday started off with some Friday Fun slime, courtesy of the Target dollar bin. Less messy than I thought. Score.

While the kids played I did this---
I took down all the hideous, ugly border in my kitchen. It actually went really fast. As in 2 hours to take down 40 ft of border. It would have taken less time, but I have these two needy people I have been charged with, so I had to keep stopping. BUT I need HELP! Please PLEASE PLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE with sugar on top someone help me! We are re-doing our kitchen, mostly. We are getting new laminate countertops (nothing fancy, just something to fix the hideous green the original owners chose--don't get me started), and re-painting. That's the part I need help with. Not so much color, but whether or not to paint the whole kitchen. Should I only paint wear it is green and do a painted type border or just paint the whole kitchen one color?! Opinions go.
side bar those wine bottles on the fridge were decor on my cabinets, we do not drink that much. :)


In the picture below you can see that some of the "khaki" color will stay as their is no break point above the sliding glass door (red curtain), so...
If I had to do another border which I am NOT crazy about I wanted to do a stencil of some sort like this...or one of the many out there...yay or nay? If you could please help out this decorating challenged girl that would really help!

Source: etsy.com via Michele on Pinterest


Moving on. Friday evening I went to a consignment sale and go the kids a few clothes...they didn't have much so I was a tad bummed. Here is Lo modeling one of her new outfits. She is so freakin' cute.

Yep, still on Friday.
That night was our town's big football game. We have two HS here so it was on. We live fairly close to the "statmen" as Lo says, so we walked down there. Group shot.

Go Team!

 We stayed all of 20 minutes, it was bedtime for MW and it was crazy down there. A perk of being a teacher is we all get in for free, so it isn't like the adventure costs us anything.
 


Saturday! Our city was commemorating it's 50 years or something, they do this every year. But the morning started off with a parade! The parade was fine, but the BEST BEST part was these girls. We had some dear dear friends move away last year and like the prodigal son they returned home this year! I can't not adequately convey with words what this means to my family to have them home. I could cry tears of joy right now just thinking about it. I keep pinching myself hoping this is real. It is.
Anyway these girls are like sisters/BFFs whatever. They just instantly connected again as if no time passed. Watching them play nearly brought tears to my eyes. I am usually not so sappy, but like I said...no words. Just joy.

So they enjoyed the parade together and got enough candy. Never enough to them, but enough! HA!




I don't have pics from the rest of the weekend, but it ended up at our friend's house, where we sat outside, ate pizza and caught up all the while the kids are running like mad around the backyard. It was one of those moments you just wanted to never end. But I know there will be many more years of fun ahead!

Sunday I started Judgement House rehearsals. Judgement House is one of my favorite things to volunteer for. It is such a powerful witnessing tool and watching people come to Jesus, well it doesn't get better than that my friends. I am an angel singing in Heaven. We are all praying this goes well. Here's the thing, never in my life have I ever seen so many things go wrong or be under attack as I do when we get ready to put on JH. You can actively see Satan trying to sabotage all he can to keep people from coming to Jesus. It is astounding I tell ya, astounding. Yet through prayer, perseverance, and God's mighty hand we are never deterred and always bring thousands more to Jesus each year. So I would like to ask fellow believers to join us all in prayer to lift up JH across the area and nationwide that Satan will be thwarted and those churches are able to bring Jesus to those who need Him!

Here's a link to Judgement House if you don't know what I am talking about and if you are interested in going it has a place to find one near you. JH run all over the country at different times of the year. If you haven't been whether you are a believer or not I recommend going. It is life-changing.
Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather!



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love your recaps:) Don't have any real opinion on your kitchen, I stink at decorating too. I think the stencil thing is cool. Here is what I will do when we move, I am going to go away from my cherry, red, black thing decor and just go simple. I want to decorate more with patterns not so much an "object" that way it can change with you as you grow. Making sense, probably not:( maybe you could cut out the chef stuff and do stuff like that--I don't know. I just feel like I get all matchy matchy and and it gets fixated on that--we get that from mom you know:)I would be more help if I could be there.

    I miss you babies:) I am just hanging on there every pic:) LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the kitchen walls should all be the same color, including that soffit you are talking about above the patio door. I know you think you need to keep it its current color, but, from what I can see, I think it will all look fine once it's all the same color, and the soffit will blend right in with the rest of the walls. With that said, I know you also didn't ask for colors, but I think a nice medium gray would look nice with the wood cabinets and trim. We have wood trim in our house (not my favorite), but my favorite color that goes with it is our gray in the dining room (Behr's Elephant Skin, for reference). Having a nice, modern, neutral background gives you the opportunity to decorate with whatever you want. Throw a vintage turquoise kitchen scale on your counter and boom, instant color and charm. I agree with Melissa, matchy-matchy is not in style at the moment. Just fill your home with things you love, and the decorating will take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to the comment you left on my blog, but I'm not sure if it emailed you about that, so I'll leave it here, too.

      We haven't painted our kitchen/breakfast room yet (those are pics from the real estate listing), but yes, they will be the same color. I understand with the soffit over the patio door now; definitely want to keep that the same color as the wall it is connected to. In that case, I guess you can paint the whole area one color, or you can find two colors that work well together (one for living room, one for kitchen), or you can find a color for the kitchen that works with the existing "khaki" of the living.

      If you like Sea Salt, Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage is a great "whole house" type color. Or if you just want to go beige-y, I like Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter and Behr's Wheat Bread. Pinterest is your friend. Type the color in the search bar on there and bam, lots of inspiration.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...