Pages

12 October 2012

The Things Lo Says...

On Monday I watched a little neighbor girl all day. It went really well as I figured Lo and her would be tired of each other by 10a, but no they played and played and played, colored and then played some more until nap time where they both passed out for 2 hours and then played some more until her mom picked her up at 4p. All I did was make sure they didn't get hurt and were fed. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. However, by the end of the day this is the conversation I had with my lovely, yet full of sass, daughter.

Scene: Watching Sid the Science Kid before bed.

Lo: Mom, get me a piece of paper to color. {she likes to do the science journal w/ Sid}
M: Excuse me?! Are you incapable of getting it yourself?! You go and get your color sheets.

Lo: {quietly} Well, mom, I have done a lot to day, so you should go get it. You haven't really done nothing all day.

M: {holy cow, did she just say that to me?! keep calm, keep calm, she is 3, she is 3, keep calm--breathing slows, re-gaining composure}
I am sorry did you just say I have done nothing today? What did you do that was taxing?!

Lo: Well, I did a lot of coloring today and you didn't really do nothing. 
M: {eyes bugging out of my head}
Lo: Well, I guess you did turn Jake (and the Never Land Pirates) on a few times today for me, but that was really it.

M: Pretty sure I did more than that Susie Q. If you want paper to color you will come with me and help me find it, you are not that tired or you can just go straight to bed now.

Lo: Fine. But I am tired.

While this is hilarious now, and perhaps a bit at the time, I am also finding that she is really towing that line of complete dis-respectfulness towards me, her father, Meg and even her grandparents. Life has been crazy around here lately and our structure and routine has slacked big time. I can tell every time when I have let my mommy guard down. I am a FIRM believer in structure and routine, it just really helps them stay in line. {I don't want that to come off all drill Sergeant-y, because it isn't like that, we just like to keep things consistent in our day to day and in our parenting decisions so the kid know what the day looks like and what rewards or consequences come from their behaviors, it just works for us.} So needless to say we have a little work to do. :) But again, you just can't help but laugh at the things that comes out of their mouths!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...