Pages

16 October 2012

MW 21 Months {Watch Me Grow}

So basically I had to look at the calendar and be reminded that you are another month older and then count up the months to remember how old you are. Ah the plight of the second born. With Leighton I knew down the minute how old she was for the first two years. {Maybe a tad exaggerated, but none the less this sort of faux pas would have never occurred to me}.

Then there is the whole are you a baby or big boy dilemma I am facing. I still see you as my little baby bear--even though you are almost 2!, but then I remember that when Lo was your age I was attempting to put her in a toddler bed! EEK! You are NOT ready for that right?! NO! You aren't. The only reason I tried it with her was because you were coming and I needed the crib back. You can just go ahead and make yourself nice and cozy in there until you are 3 or start climbing out, which in my case will probably be next month! Oy! The climbing.

What do you mean you don't think I am a BIG boy?! Look at me!



Did I see Leighton as "older" because I had nothing to compare her too? And do you seem like a baby because she is doing more than you?! I don't know, but I think the verdict is in and you are most definitely a big boy now. Good bye baby days. {Why am I sad about that? I swear I can NOT have baby fever again. Glad there is no way I can change my mind. HA! Honestly, toddlers/big kids are my favorite ages, way easier to cope with especially on full night's sleep!}

Must be that darn paci that throws me off. HA!

So big boy here a few things you are up to this month that keeps this momma on her toes and exhausted by bedtime!

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do: {In no particular order}
You think it is funny to have not one but TWO pacis in your mouth. If ever there was a child more addicted to pacis...I have decided when you turn two and all your incisor/canine teeth are in I will take the paci away again, but it is the only thing that brings you true comfort and joy during all this teething, allergies/colds business.

You do have a favorite pac--the "puppy" paci. You just walk around when you lose it yelling "puppy, puppy!"

You call animals by the sound they make. {ie a duck is really a "quacky"}

You love to "ive"=drive my car. Your sissy use to  still does too!

 

You have really bad bed head now, first real hair cut here we come!


I know I say this every.single.time. but I am truly blown away by it--your speech is incredible, incredible! Leighton had maybe 10-20 words by the age of two in her vocab, you, you have what feels like 1000s! You talk in complete sentences, almost everyone can understand you. Mind blowing. Some of my new favorites you have picked up on:
*"Mommies"=edemames
*"Hap birdeh"=happy birthday (just in time for my birthday. :) )
*"Not edy"=not ready (likes to use this one when I ask him if he needs to go potty)
*"Mama" he use to call me "mimi" but now I am mama! I sort of miss the "mimi."
*"nuggle"=snuggle, you love to snuggle me and rock or watch your shows. LOVE!!!


*And probably the funniest (to me) thing you say is when I say "The first time I say it---" you respond "o-BE it" The catch phrase I got from the Dugger family in 19 and Counting. I love it and my kids know it. Of course he hasn't quite figured out the "obey it" part yet...HA!

You like to play "ide" and seek, even if you "ide" in the same spot every time.


Then there is the whole climbing thing. I love you, but wow, you are exhausting. It doesn't help that your sister likes to play the "one up it" game. If I tell her NOT to jump off the sofa, she finds something higher, and more dangerous to sprout wings from! So then of course you just HAVE to try it too! I won't even be surprised if we have another broken bone within the year.

Today at the park I turned my back for 2 seconds and you were half way up this ladder thing. Talk about my heart stopping. You did really well, but could you wait for some assistance?! Such a daredevil.

an example of the dangerous ladder thing he was climbing.
Eating:
You are a terrible eater now. All you want is bread, crackers, "paycakes"=pancakes, and milk. Seldom do you ever eat anything I make for dinner. Its a wonder you are still alive since I don't really cater to that eating style.

Of course if it is Chick-Fil-A you are all in. :)
You do love oatmeal and toast for breakfast

Oh, now I remember how you eat...you just help yourself. This is a very common scene to walk in on. Chair dragged clear from kitchen table all the way over to the counter, where he then helps himself to the snack bowl.

Favorites:
You love "Dake" {and the Never Land Pirates} and Sid the Science Kid shows.


You love to sing along with Jake and at the end they say "and me" which you repeat over and over loudly!
Sid and Mickey books
Elmo and Cookie stuff animals
Blocks

Bedtime stories with daddy!
Potty training wise, you are doing really great. You pretty much are 98% potty learned/trained at home with me. However, you won't poop in the potty, so I will gladly take ideas there and we still struggle with the nursery/daycare settings. They are trying with you now, but I don't know, either you won't do it for them, or they ask you at all the wrong times?! You did have a regression a few weeks ago which was a tad frustrating, but I think your cold/allergies and all the meds you were on sort of didn't help...at least that is the excuse I am using. ;)



Stats:
Ht: 32in
Wt: 23# {mommy guesstimate}
Clothes: 18m
Diaper at night: 3 Swaddlers/4 Target brand (which I hate those!)

Um, so this turned out longer than I expected. But I think you are just so darn funny and cute. 3 more months and then party time! :)

Love you love bear!


2 comments:

  1. he's a cutie. :) don't worry, he may come up with another new name for you later. talia calls me "muffy" sometimes and I kinda love it. off to search your blog for curious george party ideas! (didn't you do one for Lo?) I think that will be talia's theme for her 3rd in december.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to email you and say, I was thinking about it and it hit me hard, your little MW Bear will be TWO--TWO is a few months--how can it be?? Then Lo turns four a month later--I mean really!!

    LOVE the blogs about the kids. He looks so big boy to me and just like a Howard (at least to me) I often think Hollis has looks like Gpa Bobby or Chrissie and Travis. So weird how genetics work b/c then he looks just like his daddy.

    It is so fun to read about him. I have a climber too--good thing they don't get together or we might end up at the ER:)
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...