Pages

04 December 2012

Izzy

Meet our Elf Izzy.

Named in honor of, bet you can't guess...go on try!

Dang it, you got it. HA! I mean how did you know my kids were obsessed with Jake and the NLP?! ;)


He isn't your typical "elf on shelf," mostly because Chad was scared of the other one. HA! I personally like the vintage look but what are you going to do when your spouse's good taste ended after he chose me. :)

ANYWAY!
Here are some things Izzy has been up to. Now I don't really subscribe to the whole naughty elf thing. I don't get it, why does the elf get to be naughty but not the kids?! Guess I missed a memo on that...so Izzy just pops around the house and does a few mild tricks.

{Reading to the Nativity a book about Eve.}
 {Feeding the Reindeer MW's potty chocolate chips}
 {This particular day he turned our milk "go-go" colors aka purple}
Lo thought this was hoot! I made sure Chad would drink it if we did it, I didn't want to waste $3.5 gallon milk.
 Through out the day he just pops around the house...needs to keep a good eye on them to make sure his report to Santa is complete. ;)
 {On a breakfast date with Sally, candle lit and all!}
 {Hangin' around--ps excuse my boring and ugly curtains--I guess I really don't like green that much! HA!}
 {This was actually the first morning, overlooking breakfast.}
 {Scaling the cabinets}
 {Replaced our stockings with our real socks...oh how funny she thought that was!!!} Even our neighbor girl who is 8 was in complete disbelief!
 {Stealing MW's toothbrush}
 {Drinking syrup, because Elf's run on syrup and sugar, part of their major food group!}
 {As a treat for being good last week Izzy paid for them to rent a Jake and the NLP episode on roku/amazon prime...I appreciated it because it was better than candy! ;) }

So there you have it Izzy's antics.

Lo loves looking for him and always asks about him when we are out and about. Shoot even my 21 year old sister asks about him. Not kidding she is pretty into him, just sayin'.

He really is fun although, my idea list is getting short and we still have 20ish days to go.
Ideas anyone?!

I love Christmas traditions that inspire the magic and imagination of Christmas. These are the sort of things that make the memories more so than some toy I spend $50 on only to sell in my next garage sale for $8.

What do you do for Christmas fun?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness how fun!! What a creative little momma you are. I am sitting here too with my mouth in disbelief that the elf did all of those things. Really cool and creative chele:)
    Loved this post!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats right I do!!! I think it is the cleverest xmas tradition ever! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest has a few good ideas! Some are pretty extreme! Our elf, Mangle, decided to spy on the kids from the shelf above the toilet. My HH went in to find him IN the toilet that my DD forgot to flush! With the help of the other Elves in the neighborhood, he was whisked back to the North Pole where his Christmas Magic was restored and he came back a little feisty! We found him fishing in the betta fish bowl this morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the Elf drive? Maybe you could leave the car keys out and see if he would do some errands for you, ie. Grocery store, Target, etc.
    Does he ever "sneak" out? I wonder what he would think of a trip to "school"?
    >>>Papa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...