Pages

30 November 2012

Decking the Halls 2012

Much like every one on the planet in the US; 2.4 seconds after Thanksgiving is over we start decorating and planning for Christmas.

First up {and this was before Thanksgiving} we packed boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We have done this every year. I do one boy and one girl, just like us. How clever of me. :) However, someone once pointed out to me that the older kids (7+) usually lack on the boxes...so I now aim for those ages when packing them.
Leighton was so into it this year. I love her simple, servant heart. She methodically packed both boxes. Bless her.
And can someone bless me? Because God bless me I braved WALMART for some of this stuff. If you know me at.all. I do NOT do Walmart. I am a Target girl through and through...and don't act like you don't know why! We had to get a doll for the girl. Lo picked her out special and let her know another little girl would soon love her. AWE!!!

{Tree Decorating}

We contemplated a real tree this year, but then I chickened out.

Once we I got the tree up and lit, it was time to decorate. Of course just call me Monica Gellar, but I like my tree a certain way. Just sayin'. I kept saying "wait until I tell you to put the ornaments on." Nope. Just didn't care and did her own thing. She did 75% of the tree decorating.
My love bear that kept needing a little affection every 3 seconds.
I went really low key this year on decorating. I just am not up for uber decorating and really think simple is best at this point.
Tree. check.
Stockings. check.
Nativity. check.
All done. check.


{Laying under the tree}




{Lo's pink tree}
Cuteness.

Sometimes you have to stop and take a rest break in the tree box.

{And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care.}
Presh.
{Reading the Nativity Story}
Look at my face. "BEEEEE CAREFUL! Cool it, this is suppose to be a family moment...breathe breathe..."


This is 100% NOT my idea, but my bestie Ginger's family grew up putting hay in a manger for Baby Jesus to come on Christmas Eve based on the kids getting "caught" doing selfless servant type behaviors. I don't know all the ins and outs of it yet {hint hint Ginger} but it sounds like a wonderful idea and my kids are really into it! Best pic I have of our "manger" as the kids tackle me!


And of course this cute little Elf (Izzy) aka Christopher Pop-in-kins is visiting us this month. Lo is so into it. More to come on his antics! {This was taken before his magic started...no worries he is ok!}

I use to be more bahumbug about the holidays, but seeing the PURE joy in their faces as they look for Izzy the Elf and getting to put "hay" (aka construction paper) in the manger and watching their video from Santa. well it makes it all worth it and so much fun. I just love the magic Christmas brings and it makes me a little giddy too!

What are you doing for Christmas fun?!

1 comment:

  1. Tears rolling down my cheeks---MOnica Geller:) Hee hee and then the look on your face with the nativity---I am just dying, please help me!!! If I could be something else for a day, it would be a fly on your wall to laugh at you all day long, and chad too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...