Pages

27 November 2012

The Magic of Thanksgiving

Well we celebrated Thanksgiving although I have little to show for it as I forgot my camera at every.single.thanksgiving. we attended. yep. We had 3 to go to. Have I mentioned how much I love thanksgiving?! {insert sarcasm}. Not really a fan. I love the concept and appreciate a season of thankfulness, but not a fan of the food or the month {no legitimate reason for that just don't like it. :)}

For example, Chad and I started dating in November once upon a time and then he was a jerk and broke up with me two-ish weeks later and then 1-ish week later told me he was stupid and we got back together a few days before December...know what? I dislike November so much that I changed our dating anniversary to Dec. 2! I need medication I am sure for my delusions. Who does that?! Crazy people that is who.

Anyway, we went and we enjoyed family and really that is all it is about. However, at my MIL they fried a turkey and it was actually really really good. 1. I am NOT a fried food fan and 2. well I think you know how I feel about turkey. But I was pleasantly surprised on how tender and moist it was, plus they did a cajun injection to mix it up a bit. Nice touch.

MW is teething those last 4 incisor/canine teeth and screamed and threw fits most of the meal times. It was awesome. Said no mom ever!

So here is what I do have in pics random as they may be:

Last minute Thanksgiving Day shopping. These two are really too much. Oh the cuteness.
Side bar--Chad hates LOATHES getting these little shopping carts or the big race car. Now am I a fan? nope. but it brings them so much joy! I tell him every.single.time that I remember going to Dillons with my mom around Lo's age and getting to push my very.own.little.shopping cart and OH! How big and proud I felt, especially when I got to bring my little doll with me! I was such a mommy (back then. :) ) So I tell him to hush it, b/c these are the memories childhood is made of!!
 Moving on...to Christmas decorating. I started fluffing the tree branches while watching the Macy's Parade. The kids were fighting so I told them to get along. BAHAHAHA! {have you seen this idea on pinterest?!} Well, it was funny and they actually love being stuck together like this!

Now for the Magic of Thanksgiving.
Every year we get a good family pic taken by the self timer...I am always amazed that we get it in just a few takes! Although MW is making it harder and harder.

{More outtakes}
Smile and take the picture....
 {Good ones}

 {Be goofy...oh so then it is just me then?! 'kay}
 {Good. But I think you can do better...}
{There we go!}

 {WAIT! WE ARE NOT DONE YET!!! where is MW?!?!?)
 {Rockin' our nearly undefeated KSU Wildcat pose!--although like a moron mine is backwards geez.}
 Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! There is always much to be Thankful for, even if you don't like turkey or stuffing or pumpkin pie. :)




1 comment:

  1. You always get me rolling--you keep me up at night laughing at you. Seriously, so funny!! Loved the Thanksgiving day pics:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...