Pages

01 November 2012

A Pink Spider and a PSA

 I interrupt my previously scheduled Halloween wrap up post to bring you this:

The Pink Spider.
Did you really think there was a pink spider?!
She is a hoot. "MOM! Take my picture I am the PINK spider!"
And praise Jesus for beautiful weather in November!!


Now for my PSA {Public Service Announcement for those of you not in the know ;) }

See my son?! The climber. Does this look safe to you people?!
The answer is NO! If you ever see a child doing this unsupervised, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEAAAASEEE! Either assist them, or take them down. Really would you hesitate if you saw a child say, oh I don't know, 4 ft in the air with the dexterity of a bounding puppy?! I would hope the answer is No!
Because my friends, I don't know how you do it, but taking two kids to the park is a nightmare for me. MW requires all my attention due to antics such as these, but then my darling daughter also needs help on the swing, or to dangle off the monkey bars. I thought I re-directed MW to the slide while I helped Lo on the monkey bars. When I finished I turned around and MW was NO WHERE to be found. I couldn't see or hear him. I frantically ran to the other side of the play gym to find this. {See above pic--only he was 4 rungs higher!!} Heart sank. ONLY to hear a gentleman {aka grandpa} standing 3 ft away say nonchalantly 
"I wonder where you went, I figured that little fella may need some help. He isn't quiet 2 yet is he?!"

Me helping my climby bear finish his climb, while trying to bring my heart rate down through deep breathes, find myself completely dumbfounded. Why WHY would you just stand there and watch my son do that and not holler at me, take him down, or just help him? Seriously?!

I guess I am the kind of mom/person that protects ALL kids, whether they are mine or not. I would never hesitate to step in.

And that concludes today's PSA.

Thank You!

Editor's note: So someone pointed out perhaps they didn't step in for fear of being sued etc etc...I have no idea who this person is and really it doesn't matter, because that is exactly what is wrong with this world. We worry far too much about ourselves and being all PC and not enough about our fellow man. I would definitely risked lawsuit (even though you are protected under good Samaritan laws) or nasty words, looks, etc, if that meant I protected the welfare of a child. It is common sense. And if  you could sleep at night knowing that you could have saved someone and didn't then power to you, but I know I couldn't. 

As you can tell this really bothered me. I learned a big lesson yesterday about keeping a closer eye on MW. I also recognize if something would have happened to him it would have been MY fault not "grandpa's." I am just simply pointing out "grandpa" maybe could have helped a momma out. 

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Some would not help for fear of being sued or turned in to the police for whatever they could come up with. Crazy people out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, but I will risk that every time to protect a child. And there are Good Samaritan laws out there to protect ppl who help ppl honestly. I would have even tolerated being accused of being a bad mom if it meant my child was safe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...