Pages

19 March 2010

Crossing it off my list

Update #3! Ok you caught me this is my 65 in 365 update, BUT I wanted you to read it. :) Only because I just wanted to say NEVER in my list making life have I EVER accomplished SO much...this really works! At first I had my doubts about how much would get crossed off my list, since this is all stuff I have had on my "mental" to-do list for 3+ years! However, I guess there is something about the accountability of my blog, because I just keep checking things off right and left. It gives me a little rush every time I get to cross something off. My type-A personality doesn't want to let myself down! HA!
Come on give it a try and you may surprise yourself how much you can get checked off your to-do lists!

RECAP:
Starting Nov. 19th, 2009 through Nov. 18th, 2010 I have the highest aspirations to get this list completed. I need my blog to keep me accountable. Currently, my list is only 27 36 50 54 tasks...I can't come up with 65 but I will add to it as I think of things, but let's face it, I may be hard pressed to get these 27 36 50 54 things done. HA!


1. Finish Leighton's First Year Scrapbook/Photobook by Feb. 15th.
2. Submit RD portfolio (approved!)
3. Do at least 30 continuing Eds. (20/30)
4. Get grocery budget to ~$150/mo. (complete after 4 months in a row 1/4)
5. Start exercising again...consistently! (complete after 4 months 1/4)
+do the 30 day shred. (6/30)--I am quitting this b/c I am bored of it. But I will still exercise! :)
6. Complete at least 4 personal Bible studies (1/4)
7. Memorize at least 24 verses (5/24)
8. Read at least 12 adult books. (ie not kid's books) (4/12)
9. Finish decorating my basement.
10. Start going on monthly dates w/ the hubs. (4/12)
+do the Great Date Experiment (1/6)
11. Get Meg's HS Grad "project" done (MAY)
12. Get my storage closet under control.
13. Try 1 new recipe a month (5/12)
14. Volunteer at church
15. Research/Start own RD counseling career.
16. Get all loose photos organized in albums
17. Donate excess clothes and stuff (2x/ year).
+donated 2009 stuff
18. Wipe clean my Mac and sell it. Any takers?!?!?
19. Organize/consolidate office area.
20. Create and implement cleaning schedule.
21. Clean fridge 1x every 6mo. (1/2)
22. Keep my photo site up to date every two weeks. (7/24)
23. Host at least 3 family dinners (3/3)
24. Start a vegetable garden--it has been "Started" whether it lives is a whole other issue...
25. Paint the house trim
26. Clean out window wells.
27. Clean and organize garage.
28. Learn how to draw a line through words on my blog :)
29. Get into a routine with Leighton. (after not having one for the last 10.5 months!) (complete after 3 months 3/3)
30. Work with Leighton consistently on sign language.
31. Read to Leighton at least once everyday.--(complete after 3 months 1/3)
32. Get in a play group or host one...basically GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! (at least 2x/mo. 2/24)
33. Make "school" scrapbook for hubby.
34. Be a better friend. Since Lo we have neglected some of these relationships. Go out w/ friends 1x every 6 wks at least. (4/8)
35. Strive to live up to Proverbs 31. (this will always be a work in progress)
36. Take more pictures of everything!(take at least 15 photos/month) (3/12mo)
37. Plan and pull off Leighton's FIRST birthday party.
38. Figure out a playroom/area for all these toys!!
39. Deep clean house 1x.
40. Participate in Money Saving Mom Cooking Freezer day at least 1x.
41. Do an eat from the pantry challenge for 1 week at least 3x (1/3).
42. Create a "in my next house" list ;)
43. Create a "mud room" area for all our jackets/diaper bags/purses.
44. Get a new swimsuit for myself. The last one I got was for my honeymoon 6 years ago!!
45. Plan and go on some kind of a vacation as a family.
46. Have someone watch Lo over night, so Chad and I can have an over night date.
47. Keep Lo's scrapbook and baby book up-to-date.
48. Take family pictures.
49. Take Lo's 1 year and 18 month pics.
50. Start a couples devotional.
NEW!!
51. Purge and organize file drawer.
52. Organize linen closet.
53. Organize and store Lo's clothes in space-saver bags. (we have been blessed w/ a lot of hand-me-downs!!)
54. Send/give handwritten notes/cards to friends and family through out the year. (1/24)

Key:
IP= In Progress


Starting point
Update 1
Update 2

3 comments:

  1. I updated mine today after I saw your update! We are getting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world can you have a $150 grocery budget?? Is it food only? I seriously spend 400-500/month at wal-mart. This does include tp, toothpaste, diapers, shampoo, cleaning, etc. all your non food items as well. I ALWAYS have the fridge/freezer and cupboards stocked full. Maybe it would help if we ate down what we had and I wasn't constantly buying. i also have a severe chocolate addiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job crossing off your list! you are doing great. and that grocery bill is very impressive! ours only gets low in the summer cause of the garden but I'm hoping I can figure out how to keep our bill low all the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...