Pages

22 April 2014

Easter 2014

We have had a hoppin' good time around here for Easter.

The kids found this singin annoying bunny. The batteries may or may not have gotten lost on day 2...



We have a tradition of going to our local Y for the Easter bunny pancake breakfast. It supports our Y gymnasts and now I have an even bigger tie to this fundraiser. :) {Love my job!}

MW informed me this year he was BRAVE and was not afraid of the Easter bunny anymore. Of course mommy need to sit close to make sure he was brave. :)
Catching pancakes.



Is it me or is dying Easter eggs super boring?! I mean you just drop them in a liquid and wait. We have been experimenting with other methods and I like the painting of eggs best and so did the kids.





Easter egg hunt at Grandma Rachel's.





Sack races!!
Now for the photo ops. I mean who would think trying to get a few photos of my two darling, well-behaved, sweet-spirited children would be so hard?! Oh wait...

It took lots of firm words to even get this. Lo patiently waited while MW goofed off the entire time.

Easter Best.






And this is all Meg got of MW. That's it, my only Easter picture...I still love it, just because it capture who he is...a big goof ball.

Easter morning. Trying to keep things simple. What happen to the days of a chocolate bunny and jelly beans?! That is all I use to get...it isn't Christmas! {And even then!} They each got a kite they have been dying to have and knee pads...because well let's face it, my kids are grade-A Klutzs.

Then we headed over to my  mom's for our traditional ham dinner and kite flying fun!





Happy Easter every one! We enjoyed celebrating the cornerstone of our faith--the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior. He died and rose again, so that we may have eternal life in Heaven. The eggs and chocolate is fun, but the best part was hearing my kids say "He died for my sins and rose 3 days later...now can we have gifts." Okay well maybe not that last part, but they are getting it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...