Pages

31 January 2015

Calling all Rescue Bots...Roll Out MW is 4

 A few weekends ago we celebrated a little boy turning 4.
It was Rescue Bot themed as far as the invitations and plates went.
I am really not into parties or party planning, not my gift. The last few years I have just let the kids pick an activity and a restaurant or favorite food to have and share with the immediate family. Perhaps in a few years as they get older and steady friends, we can embark on parties again, but for now this works fantastic especially since in 2 weeks we celebrate a little girl.


MW isn't so good at the decision making process. The plight of being 4 and a boy. Lo she always knows what she wants and how she wants it done. Finally locked in on a movie, but weren't sure any kid friendly movies would be out on party day. Luckily my MIL brought to my attention Paddington Bear. It was just a fantastic movie--got a bit dicey and "scary" at the end, but all is well. They don't get to go to the movies often, {who am I kidding Chad and I don't get to the movies often either HA!} Matter of fact this is their 3rd theater movie.





Before the movie MW wanted Chick-a-lay for his special lunch, but totally spaced they aren't open on Sundays! So he settled for Freebirds and popcorn at the movie instead.

After the movie we went home for cake and presents. I had big dreams for the cake, even pinned lots of cute somewhat easy cake ideas, but alas I just gave up. I mean it's a cake. We are going to just eat a piece an chuck the rest. SO I bought some cheap transformer toys and topped a lovely bumblebee yellow.
MW was thrilled. Thank goodness he is easily impressed...Leighton on the other hand...not so much.






And then of course presents! So exciting. 

It was a nice low key family party enjoyed by all. Up next His 4 year old video. He is such a mess and may or may not bunny trail like his mother. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...