Pages

31 March 2015

Your Cross Demands My Life...


There is this song "God Be Praised" sung by Gateway Worship.
You know how songs can just breathe into your soul the way nothing else can. Nothing.
That is why worship music in particular is so powerful.
For me worship songs get into the nooks and crannies no other light can and for just those moments I am free and Jesus has absolutely all of me. That's why leading worship has always been such a powerful tool in my life. I want others to have that too. Just that one moment.

This song. It's not new, but man every time I hear it I just get it. I get what Christ did for me, for you, for all of us.

Today I decided to make a printable of my favorite line. The one that makes you stop and realize I, I deserved that cross. I deserved to suffer and die, I still do; but God He said "no." He said I love you THIS MUCH and His son spread out His arms and died for me, for you, for us. His GRACE is my anthem, your anthem, our anthem.

That is what Easter is about. He died and 3 days later walked out of the grave conquering death and offering me the gift of life with Him forever. Offering you the gift, we just have to accept it.  So my soul can't help but sing Hallelujah.





You saved my life from death
When I was all defeated
You spoke Your promises
And brought life to my weakness
Came as a conquering King
And You warred for my freedom
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

You opened up my eyes
For the first time I saw You
Your love commanding life
And deserving devotion
You told me who I am
Now in faith I believe it
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

You’ve made a place for me
Silenced all my accusers
Leading me forth with peace
Filled with joy I will follow
Your cross demands my life
Now Your grace is my anthem
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

Hallelujah, we’re redeemed and made free
By the blood of the Lamb We have won
Hallelujah, we will sing victory
Jesus conquered the grave
God be praised

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...