Pages

07 April 2015

Easter 2015

Easter Weekend Recap.
This year we dyed eggs. I did my own diy egg dye with food coloring. I tried to make fancy colors, which I guess they sort of were, but not as bright as I was hoping.
MW was such a boy about it. Just kept tossing them in without a care in the world. Lo was thoughtful and meticulous. Designing each egg with a wax crayon. Girls vs.Boys.







Our Annual Easter Bunny breakfast at the Y benefiting our gymnastic program.
Micah FINALLY took a photo with the Easter bunny without me! He even shoved me out of the picture and told me "I don't need your help." A good pic for once.
To celebrate Easter with my side we went to pizza and bowled at the Ally. First time with the kids. MW got bored after about 5 frames, Lo loved it and actually did pretty good. She even got a strike with no bumpers! WHOA!





I got a strike too! Always exciting.


Strike.
Easter photos.
Daddy was at church long before us, so the kids are all you get. They are cuter anyway.




Saturday night we did Resurrection rolls this year instead of the usual Resurrection cookies. I love the cookies because it is more interactive as you go along. However, for the last few years my cookies are not turning out, so onto something new. Of course these "turned out" and created the hollow space to represent the empty tomb, but not pretty. Not pretty at all. Delicious, just ugly. Not the lovely pinterest worthy ones you see. Oh well it was fun. {note they are covered in cinnamon and sugar because why not? Jesus is sweet. I may have ad lib that part of the recipe.}


Easter Sunday.
Theme was Big Hero 6. They really REALLY like that movie. And MW has been begging for the "red robot" from Target for-evah {before he even knew who Baymax was}. Every.single.time we go he hopes he will go home with Baymax. So of course the EB thought that would be a fun treat. His face says it all.

Then over to Grandma Rachel's for Easter part 2. The kids enjoyed a pinata and a fun Easter egg hunt.




It was a great Easter. A great time to remember why we celebrate and re-energize our faith in the One who paid it all for us.
Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...