Pages

17 April 2015

Disney on Ice

Several weekends ago my in-laws treated the kids {and us} to Disney on Ice. Something I have always always wanted to go to. I think that these memories that are made with their Grandparents are the best. I had a gymnastic meet in Hays that weekend and spent all Saturday coaching and then got up early and made the 3 hour drive home to make the show. I literally pulled up, got out hugged the kids and we loaded back up to grab lunch and make the show. I don't do well going non-stop but this was worth it.





They don't let you bring in nice cameras and my point and shoot {POS} is literally a POS {you can figure out that abbreviation.} :) The pics just aren't that good, I felt like my iPhone did a better job.

The kids loved the show, even though my beautiful daughter is so anti-princess. My son on the other hand loves them. HA! Just goes to show kids are who they are despite their genders and what you try to make them to be. Fighting nature just isn't worth it--most of the time. ;)

They went through all the Disney princesses and did a song or two from each movie. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, but it was hard to pick a favorite from the show I thought they all were well done.


The Seven Dwarfs.



Grandma Rachel got them a little Frozen color box as a "souvenir." We learned to find things at Target or Walmart to surprise the kids with at the show for $2 vs the $40 it would cost at the show. I mean seriously that stuff is outrageously expensive. I can't believe the parents that shell out $100s for that stuff. The people in front of us bought every "Collectors" cup there was. A sno cone was $15!! NO WAY! Rant over. I just don't get it. Our kids are lucky to get a popcorn. HA!




Aladdin was really good. They did the whole movie in 5 minutes. I really loved it.



Beauty and the Beast. My fav Lumiere


Someone loves his popcorn. Poor kid fell off the curb from all the leftover sand used for snow days and tore up his hands RIGHT before we were going into the show. Look at all those band-aides. Poor buddy.



The Ugly stepsisters. 

Then to close the show FROZEN. They did the whole movie and sang all the songs as did the whole crowd. When Let it Go came on, every kid {and adult} belted it out. It was so cool.

So excited to see Frozen.




This was the frozen look for Ana.





THE END.

It was a fantastic show and if it comes to your area you should go. 
Thanks Grandma Rachel for taking us!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how your kids have grown since I stopped by. My goodness! I'm thinking I'll take my Grans to this if it ever comes to our area. And, I agree, that stuff is ridiculously priced. Good to check in on you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...