Pages

10 September 2015

First Day of MDO for MW

Last Tuesday it was Micah's turn to go to "school."
To say he was a little excited is an understatement. Just watch the video clip below to see.


IMG 3813 from Michele Keethler on Vimeo.

This kid is so full of life, it is contagious. He has been begging and begging to go to school for a year now. I was never one for Mom's Day Out and Lo certainly never went, but he wants to go. I tried to talk him out of it, but there was no changing his mind. Every morning he asks if it is MDO day.

I will say it is kind of nice to have 4 hours to get things done or just let the voices in my head talk to one another without being constantly interrupted by a need to be fed, wiped, helped, dressed and so on.

He was so excited to pick out his lunch box and he loves that they go swimming every time. I am glad he loves it and I am glad it is flexible. If it stops being fun or life gets in the way then we stop for a month or two and start back up later.

I am a strong believer in just letting kids be kids. I don't do pre-K, simply because they have their whole lives to be in school, so why start at 3. MDO seems like a happy medium. Only one day/week full of mostly fun and play with just a bit of learning tossed in = perfection.





Here is his chalkboard print. I love that he wants to be a Helicopter Driver. :)


FREEDOM!!
I am going to miss my little buddy though. I am trying to soak up this last year with just him at home all day. I miss Lo, but she had my full attention for two years pre MW and now it's his turn to get all my focus.

The things he says to me. For the record I wasn't sad and didn't cry because it was only one day.
He is incapable of taking a normal picture.

His first craft an Apple for the letter A.
This was from my time hop this past week. I was sort of feeling like a mom failure because MW has zero interest in writing and learning letters. Last year I tried and tried but gave up making him trace letters, one year later he comes running out of his room exclaiming MOM! Look I wrote my name all by myself. {albeit out of order, but hey that is a start!!} I was reminded that not all is lost he will and can learn.

So what did mommy do while MW was gone?
Painted the fireplace. AH!
BEFORE

AFTER
I thought about doing a vlog about this, but maybe when it's all done.
I have been slowly redecorating the living room over the last 6 months. And I have been dying to paint that fireplace for.ev.er. Chad was not on board. And well, something that permenate I needed him to be on board. So I did lots and lots and lots of pintrest-ing and researching on this. I finally wore Chad down with my incessant talk about it. He caved. He really just wanted me to shut up about it. Whatever I will take it. 
Except. Then I couldn't pull the trigger. 
So of course I continued to go on and on about it and lost countless hours of sleep over it.
Finally on the day of MDO I just went for it. I was so freakin nervous. I was having heart palpitations the entire time. 
I kept stepping back thinking dear Lord what am I doing?!!? But there was no turning back. I finished and texted a photo to Chad he said it looked good. I of course then shared the photo to Facebook because where else do you get validation from? HA!
I didn't love it at first. I didn't hate it. But I most certainly wasn't sure I did the right thing.
It took about 24 hours for me to fall in love with it. I think simply because it was such a stark contrast to the original, but now I am so happy I did it. I love it. The room no longer seems like a tomb. 
So there you go what I did on MDO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...