Pages

08 May 2009

Answered Prayers

I feel truly blessed. I am continually amazed how God works in my family's life. So often we ask people to pray for us but we forget to give God back the praise for answering those prayers! I want people to know HOW GREAT MY GOD IS and how He blesses us even in the small things...things that seem so trivial you don't think to go to God about. But God wants to be apart of EVERYTHING in your life, especially the small things. So here are a few things God has blessed me with:

* A safe and healthy delivery of my beautiful daughter, two weeks early! Yes, I prayed she would come a bit early. I knew that once summer came around I was to go back to the working world and I just wanted all the time I could squeeze in with her before I had to "punch the clock."

*I also prayed that there would be a way for me to stay at home with my sweet little daughter for at least a year or so. God has just recently answered this prayer. God placed this same desire on my husband heart and we both have been budgeting carefully and trusting in God to make this a reality. God also allowed for my husband to teach summer school this summer, something that was a slim chance that he would be chosen to do! Once again allowing me to definitely be home with my daughter even longer! AMEN!

*Perhaps the biggest prayer I have had answered is God giving me the strength and patience to endure some of the longest and extreme periods of colic Lo has exhibited! Those of you who know me, know that patience has never been my strong suite but with God's grace and strength we are slowly overcoming this time! I know I would have never made it with out calling on God's strength!

God has blessed us in so many ways and I am truly thankful! I can not wait to continue to see how God works in our family's and daughter's life!

2 comments:

  1. Chele - God is truly amazing and so faithful :) Those are wonderful answers to prayer! I'm so glad you get to stay home longer! Lo will love the extra time with her mommy! We, too, are budgeting and praying God works it out so I can stay home permanently. We're trusting Him! I love how God works on our weaknesses... and you really have been incredible with patience. If my baby has colic, you know I'll be calling you for support! You've done amazing and Lo is so blessed to have you as a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment... and all your prayers and support - I really appreciate it. Thanks for the confirmation - my sis keeps telling me I'm in active labor. I mean, the "sending you home" speech I got included a list of "signs that you're truly in labor" and I could check all of them off!!!! I mean, seriously?!?!? I feel horrible for anyone that has felt this pain... so I definitely have more sympathy for you - back labor is awful. :( I wish I could tell if I'm dilated more... anywho, I know this can't last forever, so I'm trying to trust God's timing. You'll be hearing from me! Oh - and you might facebook me your cell # and I can put you on our contact list if you want :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...