Pages

19 May 2009

Garden Gnome

I don't have a green thumb. Oh, how I wish I did. When we bought our house 3 years ago it came with beautiful gardens! However, the owners and creator of said gardens didn't have the common sense to put down weed barrier. Perhaps, they enjoyed pulling weeds and tending to the gardens...I do not, especially our back garden! While it can be therapeutic, I get bored and frustrated quickly, plus there are creepy crawlys in those gardens. Shudder Anyway after last summer's rains and all the weeds in the front garden I vowed to put down weed barrier because I WOULD NEVER AGAIN pull another weed! Well here it is one year later and I am finally doing it! With a little help from my garden gnome!






Daddy even came home and helped us before the storms hit!



Here is sort of a "before" before pic. What the front gardens looked like when we moved in BEFORE I got a hold of them, or lack there of and ruin them! Seriously lots of plants have needlessly died at my hands! Sorry it isn't too great you really have to look past Chad, but it is the best I have!



Now for the back garden...not sure I will EVER get that under control! This was taken in early spring (about 3 years ago) before all the trees were in bloom...but can you see how massive of an area that is to tend to and that is just a portion of the back garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...