Pages

06 May 2009

The War on Sleep

Today is day 2 on the "War on Sleep!" It has been a rough day and it is only 4:00p!

Battle "Morning Nap" went well...she actually took a whole 1 hour nap! That my friends is AMAZING for my little 10 minute napper! And even squeezed in another 30 minute nap! However, the tides quickly shifted once the afternoon nap approached!

Battle "Afternoon Nap" went horribly a rye! I tried to trick her into nap time by nursing her in my bed in hopes she would fall asleep...she knows mommy too well, she wasn't going to fall for that trick, no matter how tired she was! We screamed and laid quietly off and on for 1.5 hours!! (Mostly screaming) I stayed strong, continuing to soothe her...but alas there was not going to be a nap in our near future! So I surrendered this battle, gave in nursed and played with her, until she re-exhibited signs of sleep! Ha! I caught her yawning and rubbing her eyes. Straight to the swing (while this is a cheap battle move and should only be pulled out as a last resort) she went, where she peacefully slept for 30 minutes! Another small victory, in this war...I shall take it!

I foresee that the troops aka ME, will not be pulled out anytime soon! I will take on each battle fiercely and I will WIN! Her sleep (and mine) is far to valuable to give up on!

Now onto Battle Sleep through the night....

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...