Pages

15 July 2009

5 months old!


Today my little baby girl is 5 months old! She has changed and grown so much. I find myself going back and looking at all her newborn pics and wondering when and how she grew up without me really seeing it! Part of me misses that little bundle of tininess, but most of me loves each and every new stage and age that comes! She gets more and more fun every single day, and I feel truly blessed to be her mother and stay at home with her. THANK YOU CHAD!

on our way home from the hospital
she truly was our little bundle of tininess, not so much anymore



5 month happenings:
reader beware: another LONG post

Activities:
*she has discovered her feet, she is not yet sucking on her toes or anything, but she loves to grab and play with her feet.


*she is starting to reach for me and her daddy (and the dogs)! That is enough to melt your heart. When ever I walk by her exersaucer and she is done she reaches her hands up for me or daddy to get her out. Also, when other people are holding her she will reach out for me to get her.

Here she is petting Toby. He is the only dog that will let that happen!

*she is starting to have some real belly laughs, and I think I have found a few ticklish spots! She just laughs so loud and hard it just makes my day every time I hear it.

*she also will give you the BIGGEST smiles when she sees me or her daddy, she is finally starting to turn into our happy baby girl we always knew she was!!!


*she is also getting more vocal, she is especially talkative in church! :) Therefore, we spend most of the service in the lobby.

*likes to roll and wriggle out of your arms or wherever she is.
One day she was on her changing table and her musical elephant was behind her playing...I turned around to grab her clothes and when I turned back around she had leaned back and grabbed it and brought it to herself. I couldn't believe it! I think at that moment I realized how big she truly was getting.

*sitting up on own for 20-30 secs (of course, while I thought she was close to this feat, I am not sure how big of a roll her cast is playing in keeping her propped up?!?!)

*She is just really getting into all of her toys now she can sit in her play gym for quite sometime and just really focuses on getting her toys.

Focusing very intently...I am always in awe of how they need to learn and figure out EVERYTHING!
We put the boppy around her to "catch" her when she tips over, otherwise she sits there for quite sometime playing.

I like to call this the Baby Lazy Boy
Sometimes when we are done sitting we like to scoot down and relax from all the hard work! ;)

*she pretty much wants everything you have whether it be your food, the phone, or a magazine...she wants it all and wants it in her mouth!

*I think she is starting to recognize her name?!?! or at least she starts to look around when we call her.

"Hey mom, what are you doing back there?!"

*she does everything with her left hand...do we have another lefty in our midst?

Eating:
*started her on rice cereal in hopes it would help her sleep through the night...no such luck. Also, have been giving her some mashed up banana, and applesauce. She seems to really like all these so far, of course the banana and her digestive system don't seem to like each other. ;)

*we are down to 6-7 nursings a day!! This is HUGE for me because I finally feel like I am not nursing all the time! I actually can go places with her and not worry about having to stop to nurse!

*she is also at the stage where she gets easily distracted while nursing, sometimes we are more interested in the world around us then nursing. So the days of nursing with a cover on are long gone.

*she is starting to say "mmmm ba" and we think it means "good milk" or "mommy" which is pretty much synonymous. :) She only really says it when it is practically time to feed again, coincidence?!? or genius?!?!


Sleeping:
*needless to say she is STILL not really sleeping through the night!
Bedtime is around 730pm (and she knows it!) She gets really fussy around this time of night and knows she needs to go to bed, so sadly it is hard for us to leave the house and be out during that time. She wakes up after 4-5 hours and I usually let her cry it out for a bit and 90% of the time she will fall back to sleep for a few more hours. Either way 7-8 hours is where she maxes out before she demands to be nursed! (this occurs around 230AM!) Then she goes back to bed for another 3-4 hours and is usually up by 730am the next morning.

*she now rolls over onto her tummy in her crib at night and falling asleep that way.


*napping is more consistent in the fact that she takes them about the same time everyday. But for how long is such a mystery. She had been starting to roll out of her swing, so we moved her to her bed...naps decreased to 40 minutes ARRGGG! Now we moved her back to her swing and buckle her in and they are back up to 1-1.5 hours! Don't get it, but I do what works!!

*she also does this cute little rub her eye thing that Chad and I jump on and get her to a nap spot, which usually makes nap time less of a battle.

I know another LONG montly update, but I just think everything she does is just so cute and worth remembering! Trust me if you only knew what I wanted to say and didn't! :)

happy 5 months baby girl
I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! It's nice to get the update since we don't get to see her that often. Maybe when that cast comes off, she'll be ready for some play dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! Our little girls are exactly 6 months apart. Olivia turned 11 months today. As far as the naps around 5-6 months they get what some people refer to as the "45 minute intruder." My daughter would only nap for 45 minutes 3 times a day until about 6.5 months. Since then she's been napping at 9 and 2 for 1.5 hours consistently. I've blogged extensively about nap issues if you're interested. Good luck and I love your updates! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic's are too cute.
    She looks happy, even with the cast. So that is good! 5 months seems like so far in the future...but I'm sure it'll be here for us before we know it. I'm sure time has flown by for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...