Pages

27 July 2009

Please HELP!

Ok so we all know my girl Lo is a TERRIBLE sleeper!! But she is getting better at night...at least now we are up to 8-9 hours straight. Unfortunately this is b/w 630pm-330am/4ooam. I SERIOUSLY do not mind this at all, yeah, sure I wish she went to bed a little later ie 730/8oopm, but I will take it! Our bedtime routine and the fact that she is nearing 6 months is working like a charm (everyone please take this moment to knock on wood!).

Anyway it is NAP HELP I require! It doesn't really matter where I put her for naps (ie swing or her bed) neither really does the trick for longer than 30-40 minutes. I am trying to transition her out of the swing and to her bed for obvious reasons. I even put up black out curtains in her room to make it darker for nap time thinking that would work...so far no luck!

I REALLY REALLY need some suggestions! And I REALLY REALLY need her to nap better. It is important for several reasons
1. My/Chad's sanity
2. Her health (poor sleep habits, poor health status...)
3. So she can be the happy fun baby we know she is deep inside and so we can enjoy that happy fun baby!

Thanks in advance for making this face happy all the time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, that sounds hard! Being a first time mom, I don't think I can offer much advice. We did use some of the ideas and methods in a book called Baby Wise. It worked awesome for us. It's more schedule oriented. I know that it has some more controversial stuff in it. But what I loved was that it gave me ideas for structure during the day. It also helped me feel better about letting Hudson cry it out (within reason). But every baby is so different. I'll be thinking and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also followed Baby Wise with both of our girls and they both sleep 12+ hours at night, plus take 2 to 4 hour naps during the day. Peyton was taking 2, 2 hours naps, but has recently transitioned herself to 1 longer nap.

    Baby Wise is controversial, but I honestly think that's only because people assume it's saying something it's not. Everyone I've heard complain about it hasn't read it.

    I think the big thing with Baby Wise is giving you the parent control and not allowing your child to make the decisions.

    It's a lot of common sense stuff that goes slightly against what your emotions want to do. Just looking at the big picture, rather than that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    Don't worry, naps will get better. Make sure you're putting her down when she's tired, but not over tired. Look for the yawning, whining and her rubbing her eyes. I would put her down in the same place all the time...most likely her bed. I'm guessing she's having a hard time sleeping right now because of her poor little leg. But also make sure she's got a full belly when you put her down so she doesn't wake up from hunger. I truly believe that a baby who's as young as your daughter has a sleep cycle that's around 45 minutes. It will get longer as she gets a little older. It's totally normal at this age for them to sleep only 45 - 50 minutes at a time. If you go back and read some of my blog posts about nap time, you'll see I shared the same frustrations. We're now on a very strict schedule and my daughter naps from 9:30-11 and 2:30-4...pretty much to the minute. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...