Pages

01 July 2009

"It's good to have role models"

This is what my husband is always telling me when I get home from the grocery store. Why? Because I am always SO EXCITED about how much I saved. I am very slowly learning and getting tips from The Money Saving Mom. She always inspires me when she posts her weekly shopping click here to see an example of how she does it!
I am not great at it yet, but I am getting there! Today, I went to Dillons and saved $33.74! I walked away with all this for only $69.59!



I am pretty impressed with myself, but a little annoyed at myself for not starting this sooner!!! Why did we wait to start saving money until we were desperate to...you know so I could stay home?! Very frustrating, but I guess better late than never! But kind of sad to think of the stuff we could have had paid off or saved, IF we would had started sooner!

I will say this isn't easy to do, it takes time and plenty of thought...but if you just start out slow, you can do it too!
Here's to happy shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I make it a game...and I too am always SO excited about how much I save at the grocery store. I never used coupons are paid attention to sales until I quit my job to stay home too. Good luck and clip those coupons. Here's a great site where you can find all the best printable grocery coupons online. http://www.ehow.com/how_4712299_grocery-coupons-online.html

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and Lawrence shop at Aldi's and they save lots by taking their own bags (they have to), etc. They can't always get everything they need - but most things and lots cheaper. I have a gift for your babies if I ever get around to getting it to you.

    Cleta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! I love Money Saving Mom and have yet to reach her amazing results too! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...