Pages

23 July 2009

Adventures in...

Babysitting

This past week I have been going over to my sister's house to "babysit" her and Landrey. My poor sister has "thrown her back out" for lack of a better description, mostly because we do not know yet what is wrong?!?! You can read about her troubles here if you want too. We have been having some great times. Of course, Lo is a little disappointed that when she is up and ready to play L. Jo is down sleeping and vice versa. They usually only overlap for breif moments. But here are a few fun shots of their "playdates."

Playing in Landrey's play gym! I am just so impressed with how good Lo can sit up at 5 months!
Daddy dressed her in the morning, obviously no one told him red and pink don't match!


Landrey is learning to roll over, but not yet too excited to be on her tummy!

Cast Removal


On Wednesday we got baby girl's cast off!! I can not tell you how excited I/we are! It was weird though being back in the doctor's office, it truly felt like we were JUST there, and in a way were (2.5 weeks ago). We both were hoping and anxious to hear if the cast would indeed come off. We felt like it would since just this past week she has been lifting her cast leg high in the air and kicking us with it! :) (Let me tell you that felt so nice during our 3AM when I was changing her diaper!) So to us that was a GOOD sign that healing had occurred!

The X-rays showed new bone growth and the Dr. said the cast could come off! Only because she was not yet mobile, otherwise it would have to stay on...I guess the bone is still healing and "weak" so only she is allowed to put weight and movement on it, we aren't allowed to just stand her up on it. But that is ok as long as the cast is OFF!

So next up is actually taking the cast off. Now for those of you who have never experience this they use an electric saw to cut it off...and this saw freaks out the young and old! I remember when I was 15 with a broken leg scared to let them cut off my cast, because I was just sure the were about to cut my leg off!! Anyway, as we waited a 12 year old boy was getting his casts off and that buzzing sound FREAKED Lo out! (Honestly, because she was so little I really didn't expect her to get upset since she is not at the age of understanding...oh how wrong I was!!!) She and I had to leave the room while the saw was going, she just screamed and cried. Then, it was OUR turn! Let's just say she cried less when she actually broke her leg, she doesn't even cry this hard and loud when she gets shots! As she sat in my lap crying out in bloody murder my heart was breaking. If it wasn't for the fact that I was being "brave" for her I think I too would have broke down. No parent should have to listen to their child cry like that!

Here we are finally cast free and happy! (A little before and after if you will, notice we FINALLY can wear our "spanky" pants again!!!) :)
We go back in 6 months to make sure growth plates and everything are still growing properly.


Thank you to all who prayed for Lo and us during this time. And we would appreciate your prayers for my sister as she is hurting and has a 3.5 month baby to tend to herself. It is hard on her (and any mother) to feel as though they can't take care of their baby.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear the cast came off!! She looked happy to have it off. I can imagine the saw would be scary. I've never broken any bones though, so I don't know what that's like. I can only imagine...
    Hope the babysitting goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...