Pages

24 February 2010

God's love

I don't typically like to share about what I am learning in my devotions, mostly because one day I felt convicted when a great woman in ministry said "sometimes we are so busy trying to pass on the word, we forget to receive it in our own lives first."

However, today I received God's love. You know that feeling when you hold your newborn baby for the first time and you are so filled with love for her you think you might just squeeze it right out of her?! Today it hit me that, that is what God's love is like for us. IF we actually were "able to comprehend...the width and length and depth and height to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge...(Eph. 3:18-19). As my devotion book put it, if we were to experience that all now we would be overwhelmed to the point of feeling crushed.
I don't know about you, but I can't wait to feel "crushed" by God's love someday in eternity.
May you experience God's love today!


1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! It is such a wonderful thing to think about that God's love is so great for us that we will feel crushed by it. Thanks for sharing, I definitely need daily reminders of God's awesome and unfailing love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...