Pages

20 February 2010

I Heart Reba

Those of you who know me well, know how I love Reba! I grew up on her. I knew all the words to all her songs by the time I was 5. She "taught" me how to sing. Some of my best memories as a child is sitting in the car with my mom belting out Reba tunes. Reba is a family affair too. My mom, aunt, sisters and cousin all heart Reba too...so I am sure they are only slightly jealous of my night, although we all have been to our fair share of Reba concerts!! I have been to 3. Now if I could only meet her my life would be complete.

Ok enough gushing. Last night we went with some friends to the George Strait and Reba concert!! It was awesome and can't believe I almost passed up this opportunity. Reba probably put on one of the best shows I have seen yet. George, well he is George Strait. He sings. He is amazing, but he will never be Reba!

Shutting up now...on to the pictures!


LeAnn Wolmack opened.

Reba sang lots of her old and new hits!
Favorite: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

Duet with LeAnn: Does He Love You
Amazing!!!

For those Reba show fans you will recognize Melissa Peterman.
She is super funny. She was on the Kelly Clarkson/Reba tour 2 years ago (which I also went too!) and was so excited to see her back!

They did a "duet" of the show's theme song "Survivor."

At the end of her set Reba left the stage...my friends were disappointed she didn't do "Fancy." I assured them it was always one of her final songs and she HAD to do it! Well, she did and it is THE best I have ever seen it done! The screens showed the music video intro and the audience erupted. The next thing you see is this:

A cab bringing Reba back.
(It is part of the music video, in case you are unaware of her signature song/video).


Then she stepped out in her red dress.
(also a huge piece of the song).

Goodnight Reba! Until next time...



Now for George Strait!
This is what George does, sing and play guitar. He doesn't put on a "show." It was great to see him, but let's be honest why I was really there...

I will be putting up ALL the zillion pics I took on my shutterfly site.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!

    I've seen George Strait before and you're right that he doesn't really put on a "show". But boy does he make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...