Pages

14 February 2010

Valentines 2009

Yes, I know it is 2010.
Last year though I was pregnant.
Not just pregnant, 38 weeks pregnant.
I was not feeling hot, sexy or attractive. More like a beached beluga whale.
I was also angry because I DESPERATELY wanted a Valentine's day baby. (yes, I realize I still had 2 weeks to go...technically, but I wanted what I wanted.)

I am remembering a lot about last year at this time. I remember after our last pre-baby date getting up for one of my many trips to the bathroom, not really sure why I just didn't move in there, anyway I looked at the clock it was 11:30p. I remember being really annoyed then. "Well, I guess I am NOT getting a Valentine's day baby." At this point I was convinced she would NEVER EVER come. (Please note I had been having on and off again STRONG contractions for the last 2 weeks, thus my desperation). So I went to bed.

As irony would have it, I went into labor FINALLY the next day the 15th and at 11:27pm she was here. A mere 24 hours after my internal melt-down.
God does have a sense of humor people. And HE does know what He is doing. Looking back I am so glad she came after V-day, this way Valentine's day can be Valentine's day and NOT just her birthday. Although, it will make her future husband's life a whole lot easier. Kills two birds with one stone. :)
This year I am just feeling so full of love for my whole family. I just feel so beyond blessed.
Yep, this is the BEST Valentine's Day ever!

2 comments:

  1. You're not crazy about wanting your baby to come early. I think there is something to mother's intuition, and I have a similar story to yours---- I was due date was May 9 but I wanted an April baby and was determined I was having her on April 30. Well, my water did break on April 30, but I didn't have Whitney until May 1. Sometimes you just know and you don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, can I write a sentence, apparently not! I was due date was.... how about my due date was.... Mommy brain!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...