Pages

28 February 2010

Bittersweet

My sister and her family are heading North to start their "new" lives. You can read about their move HERE. However, the long and short of it is, her hubby is an ag man and has been unable to find a suitable job in the Kansas area, so off to Iowa they go.
Melissa and I had our baby girls just 6.5 weeks apart. These girls love each other very much and it is going to be sad when they are gone. I keep thinking they really aren't moving, so it hasn't hit me yet. (You know like that episode of Friends when Rachel isn't upset about moving out of Monica's apartment because she doesn't believe Monica and Chandler are really moving in together?!?!--That's where I am).
But I am really going to miss these girls once the warm weather rolls around and we could be going to the park, library, pool, and shopping. There were so many "fun" things we had planned.
I wish I was as sentimental and sweet as my sister (she wrote a sweet post about the girls HERE)... and could write something really great, but I just don't have the words. All I can say is I do love this family and am going to miss them terribly, especially watching the girls grow up together! However, I am happy they found this great job that seems to be a perfect fit for their family. I wish you all the best.

So I will leave you with some pics of these two cute cousins. I just know these two would be up to trouble someday, I guess now they will just have to save it for the holidays! I mean everyone needs a pen pal right?!

3 comments:

  1. you are too sweet and I am just sitting here crying!! This is rough, really rough!!! I wish this was not happening but at the same time we needed this job. Kreg was so ready to get back into ag. Thanks for all these sweet pictures!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, that is sad.. just when you are able to get out and do fun stuff with them. But the DM area is nice, I used to live there and we have family there. Plenty to do. We may be moving to ames this summer, funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those two look so sweet together! i remember when we had to move away from my sis and family for wade's job. it is a hard time but makes your times together that much sweeter. will be praying for you and that God will surround you both.
    glad you got the award! i forgot to come to your wall and tell you about it :) and i do love that about blogging too, meeting new people. and i love the fact that you all are wildcats too...can you believe we are ranked #5 now. i never would have imagined that when i was in school but it is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...